Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Sep 19, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

I loved it as a kid, both my daughters loved fireman Sam, the youngest was obsessed and wanted to be a fireman! She then wanted to be a musketeer now she is nearly a teen it's a doctor.
Besides, Firefighter Sam doesn't go with the song 😄

When I was little I wanted to be a dog handler and I'd only ever seen male dog handlers. It's got nothing to do with the gender doing the job it's if they are interested in the job.
I just think fire fighters ( being politically correct) just isn't "in" at the moment. There are a lot of programmes about police and paramedics, doctors etc not the fire service and therefore it's not in the public eye.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Camberwick Green and Trumpton,( Pugh, Pugh, Barney M'grew...) just the best!
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Does anyone remember Tottie’s House?
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
I loved it as a kid, both my daughters loved fireman Sam, the youngest was obsessed and wanted to be a fireman! She then wanted to be a musketeer now she is nearly a teen it's a doctor.
Besides, Firefighter Sam doesn't go with the song 😄

When I was little I wanted to be a dog handler and I'd only ever seen male dog handlers. It's got nothing to do with the gender doing the job it's if they are interested in the job.
I just think fire fighters ( being politically correct) just isn't "in" at the moment. There are a lot of programmes about police and paramedics, doctors etc not the fire service and therefore it's not in the public eye.
Good valid point DiszeeBelle,

however maybe a little serious for this thread. The serious adult debates can be found over on the GE thread 😉😂🤣

p.s I am actually sitting here singing away the song and trying to fit Firefighter in 🤦
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vowels View Post
I fear too many of us have too deep a knowledge of children's television.
It's a right of passage into parenthood hours of Sam/pat whilst your daily attire is leggings/t shirt with weaning food all over you... whilst you count down to that magical 6pm where its acceptable by parents the world over to have a glass of cheap plonk.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
If they get rid of Fireman Sam, then who's going to always be on the scene and make sure the engine's quite clean? He was the hero next door! (Grew up on the original stop motion version, it had a really great opening song!)
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Earth - The Insane Asylum of the Universe !
Old 11 Sep 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Good valid point DiszeeBelle,

however maybe a little serious for this thread. The serious adult debates can be found over on the GE thread 😉😂🤣

p.s I am actually sitting here singing away the song and trying to fit Firefighter in 🤦
That's how I know it wouldn't work, I was sat singing in haha
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Billy Beatnik
Imagineer

Fed up of all this ‘gender neutral’ and let’s fill every ‘diversity’ gap. God knows where we’ll be in 10 years.
Old 11 Sep 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Look what they've done with Dora the Explora film- she's grown up! I liked little Dora with map and swiper.