Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 19, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Airport security question

Can I just check if you need to take cameras (dslr/ video) out of hand luggage to go through security? Or is it just laptops, iPads, liquids?

Thanks

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Anything bigger than a mobile phone is the general rule.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’ve only been asked to remove laptops and iPads never cameras
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Never been asked to remove a camera from hand luggage.

Except specific items that they ask to remove (maybe tablets and sometimes Kindles) every single item goes into one cabin bag - wallets, purses, phones, watches. In my opinion such small stuff in an open tray is more "nickable" than one cabin bag.

We always have the same plan. Because Joan has had a metal knee replacement she always gets pulled aside for the wand swipe and pat down. Therefore I always go through first and 90% of the time I'm through body scanner before the cabin bag.

Mick

Edited at 08:29 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Often it depends on the airports as the rules can be slightly different, this also can vary by equipment.

Your best bet is always to speak with the loaders and ask the question. That way, you take out what that particular airport needs you to remove and avoid the risk of getting stuck at the back.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
kking
I want to go now!

My entire hand luggage bag is made up of DSLR/Video cam/waterproof cam, headphones, chargers, lens, iPad, batteries etc; I asked if I had to take them all out, he said don’t worry and just put the whole thing through and it went straight to the extra security section; a lot easier than unpacking that lot. Guess it depends on the officer at the time but made life easier.
kking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just went through Heathrow security. Laptops and kindle out of the bag, DSLR left in it.

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Headphones - over earlier type - was the new one earlier this month from Manchester T1 security. DH bag was pulled for additional checks due to his in ear headphones being left in his bag - you can't win!
I'm all for security, but please be consistent then passengers know what to do - will speed process up and less work for security officials 🤷

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

The best course of action is to be alert when you get close and listen to what they tell the passengers ahead of you, and be "on it" and not "holding the job up" when it's your turn.
Old 28 Sep 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Thank you everyone. We’re trying to plan ahead so we can have all the usuals out before we join the line and will definitely listen for what people further up are being told.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List