Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Oct 11, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Tracey, I'm also a single Mum to two children, and we did our first disney cruise this year and absolutely loved it. So much so we are going again next year!

I hardly spent anything on board, you really can spend as little or as much as you want and still have a fab time. I bought us a pin badge each, and me a bag (was on special offer, only about $12). I did 2 lots of laundry on-board (was a 7 night cruise). That was it other than tips.

Children had their own spending money that they'd saved up, so they bought a few bits which I put on my room card and they paid me the cash. I took some alcohol on board, and also bought a bottle at one of the ports we stopped in.

I am saving like mad for the next one, don't really have a social life anyway, but everything I can am squirreling away, plus have done a couple of boot sales plus the odd thing to sell on ebay all to save for it.

It is an amazing holiday, the best by far we have been on, and once on board everything you need food/drink wise is included (by this I mean soft drinks, tea etc).

Definitely go for it, you won't regret it! We had an inside room, and have one again for next cruise. We literally only slept in the room or got ready for dinner, other than that were out and about, so didn't miss not having windows etc.

Be prepared to get addicted once you've been on one though - its hard to stop at just one!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 11, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Lady shopper you sound just like me! Practically ebayed my life away saving for the last one! I know as soon as I've been on this one I'm gonna book again. We are only going to do a 3 day one this time. Thanks everyone for all your help and advice. Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 11, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Hi, last year I did Florida including DC, this year I did my first ever cruise and with disney in the med ... if it was DC or cruise ... def cruise.

You will love it and the kids will think they have gone to heaven.

TBH we bought alcohol to board with us as hand luggage, most of our money went on photos, palo, pressies to bring home for family .

I reckon like the rest on here if you are not worried about the thought of an inside cabin then book that, is there any offers on for this particular cruise? Inside to verandah price is a huge amount of money different.

One bit of caution, if you decide to do it, be prepared to be hooked and spend all your life wishing to go back or at least waiting for disney to tell you where it is going in 2013 hopefully the med
Old 27 Oct 11, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, it was an extra £170 for the room with a veranda. I don't think im going to bother now as by the sounds of it I wont spend a lot of time in the room. I just thought it may have been nice if the kids wanted to have an early night and could have sat out with a little glass of wine listening to the sea :-)
Already by reading about this cruise and looking at the vids of it, I know im going to book it again! Cant wait for xmas to be over so I can get it sorted. I've got to pay £450 off the rest of my deposit for the stay part by next week, it is also my two sons birthdays in December (bad planning) and then xmas. Cruise needs £180 to secure so probably wont be able to book till January, but its going to happen no doubt honestly don't think it will cost that much more as I am not going to do Discovery Cove and obviously wont have the expense of three days in a theme park and eating out. x
Old 27 Oct 11, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

£170 difference from an inside room to a verandah room is brill price. We are all hoping and praying that the magic comes back to the med in 2013 so if so you could maybe re book and do that, much cheaper flights for you etc.

Like you say you are saving three days of theme parks etc and DC prices, you can go on a cruise and spend how much or as little as you want. I am sure the children will go off with some spending money from the grandparents etc.

If there is anything else you want to ask, just do so, there is so much to take in.
Old 27 Oct 11, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Yeh their dad normally gives them a few hundred dollars each to spend so they can save that for the cruise. Yeh I thought it was a really good price for the different rooms. I'm sure I will have loads of questions before now and next year and thanks again for all your help

Tracy x
Old 27 Oct 11, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Personally if it was only £170 difference I would def go with a verandah.

I am assuming like on the magic there are three types of verandah rooms so check which one you get for this price.

also before you book you have to decide whether you want to pay in english pounds or dollars. I think most pay by dollars.

How exciting for you and your children
Old 27 Oct 11, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

yeh i will check out what the room is first and what the difference is. Didn't even cross my mind to pay in dollars. Do you think that would would out cheaper?
Oh im worse than the kids! I really want to keep it a surprise until at least 2 weeks before we go but not sure im going to be able to.

I'm going to do a treasure hunt and the treasure is a DVD that a really nice bloke on here is doing me for the kids, like a reveal DVD.

Wish there was a birthday or something before we went to do it but unfortunately both of their birthdays are December so far too long to wait if I done it say xmas.

Its strange how quick it comes around though. I always have to have at least 18 months in-between each holiday as it takes me that long to save, but I still remember our first one in 2009 like it was yesterday.

x
Old 27 Oct 11, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
winotracy
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tracyefc View Post
yeh i will check out what the room is first and what the difference is. Didn't even cross my mind to pay in dollars. Do you think that would would out cheaper?
Oh im worse than the kids! I really want to keep it a surprise until at least 2 weeks before we go but not sure im going to be able to.

I'm going to do a treasure hunt and the treasure is a DVD that a really nice bloke on here is doing me for the kids, like a reveal DVD.

Wish there was a birthday or something before we went to do it but unfortunately both of their birthdays are December so far too long to wait if I done it say xmas.

Its strange how quick it comes around though. I always have to have at least 18 months in-between each holiday as it takes me that long to save, but I still remember our first one in 2009 like it was yesterday.

x
If you use a US TA, you will have to pay in US Dollars, there isn't an option.
winotracy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 11, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I was going to book online with DCL Direct and you can pay in pounds. The veranda type says Ocean View with veranda and white wall? is that the sides of the verander?
Closed Thread