Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Apr 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Talking 5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 14: Packing up, Target, & Windsor Hills Pool

Day 14: Packing up, Target, & Windsor Hills Pool
February 23, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

I didn’t sleep well this night. At 3am my phone rang, I didn’t answer it but it woke me up anyway and I knew it was Amazon calling, who still thought i was back in Holland in a different time zone. This was all related to the coronacrisis in Asia starting to impact our business for real for the first time - not ideal while I'm on holiday and trying to relax, but unfortunately these things need to be dealt with no matter where I am - it's just what you owe the lovely customers who trust you with their orders.

Of course I was awake after that and it took me ages to get back to sleep - I was definitely feeling the stress of work. Nothing I could do about it at that point, though, not at 3AM! When I finally woke up around 7 that morning, I was feeling very tired still.

Luckily we had a quiet day planned. I started the packing of all our stuff when I got up, I prefer to get that out of the way. I sorted our 3 suitcases from Myla's/mine/Michael's to "stuff we don't need", "stuff we may need", and "stuff we definitely need" instead. In the 'don't need' case, we packed things like our travel clothes, shoes that weren't that comfy for lots of walking after all, some non-Disney clothes, the baby monitor (we'd all be sleeping in the same room), Myla's swim bands (we prefer the life vests at the Disney pools), and so on.

I then packed the outfits I'd planned to wear for the next 4 nights at Saratoga into the 'definitely' case, as well as toiletries etc. So hopefully this meant we only needed to open 1 case in SSP, and could leave the other 2 closed!

Around 11AM, I was nearly finished and we headed out to Target to get the last groceries for the next couple of weeks on-site. It was a lovely day, with clear blue skies and lots of sunshine.

Once in Target, we headed to the Starbucks in the store first - I fancied a coffee and we bought Myla a croissant to keep her happy. We then worked down our list - we aimed to eat breakfast in our DVC studio rooms most mornings, and wanted to make sure we had plenty of snacks for Myla throughout the day. We stocked up on brioche rolls, fruit pouches, cornflakes, and cereal bars for the breakfast. We also picked up a few more boxes of Goldfish crackers, little chocolate chip cookies, Veggie straws, and raisins for Myla's snacks.

Our haul - this was $126 USD, but it did last us for breakfast nearly the entire 3 weeks, and we had plenty snacks left over - in fact Myla is still working her way through them now lol!

We were back around an hour later, unpacked the groceries and I sat down to do my work. Once finished around 2PM, we all changed and headed over to the community pool for one last swim. Myla and I checked our private pool one last time to see if we could swim there, but no, it was still WAY too cold. Pro tip: you most definitely need pool heating in February!

We took the quick drive down to the clubhouse, and I sat in the sun relaxing for ages while Myla and Michael played in the water. I joined them for a bit, and then sunbathed some more.

Around 4PM Myla had enough of the swimming. I wrapped her in a big towel and we headed back. She had a bath, I had a shower, and I packed up the last of our toiletries in preparation for tomorrow. We used up the last food in the fridge for dinner, and chilled until bedtime. After putting Myla down, Michael and I watched the pretty view and the MK fireworks from the pool deck one more time. It had been a fabulous 2 weeks in this villa - we loved the location, and all the relaxing we'd done, and we felt so so lucky to not be going home tomorrow, like we normally would on our usual 14-day vacations!

Edited at 01:24 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A lovely chilled day (apart from the 3am Amazon call!). I found it weird how the pools don’t naturally heat up! We paid for pool heat but it wasn’t turned on when we first got there (this was last April) and the water was freezing! I didn’t expect it to be naturally hot, but when the outside temperature is 30 Celsius, you’d think it would heat a little!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
A lovely chilled day (apart from the 3am Amazon call!). I found it weird how the pools don’t naturally heat up! We paid for pool heat but it wasn’t turned on when we first got there (this was last April) and the water was freezing! I didn’t expect it to be naturally hot, but when the outside temperature is 30 Celsius, you’d think it would heat a little!
Yes definitely! I'd never visited Florida in Feb before and just assumed it'd be a bit warmer than it was lol. Must be because the night time temperatures still drop a good bit!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A lovely last day in the villa

Joan
Old 23 May 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A lovely relaxed packing day but what a pain to get a 3am wake up call!
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
HakunaMatata
Helping Minnie

Looks like a lovely villa and seems like you had plenty of time to relax before the busy Disney hotels and park fun begins!

Glenbrook villas 2009
Highgrove villas 2011
AKL and HRH 2019
Should have been AoA 2020
We're trying again...Highlands reserve villas 2022

HakunaMatata is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List