Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 May 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks Pinkbelle. I'll give it a try later.
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Well, phoned P&O today. It took ages to get through, but finally they answered.

When I asked about the BLC discount she said that it only applies to me bookings. So I thanked her for her help and we started chatting about cruising and the pandemic for about 15 minutes. She then said, would I hold for a few minutes as she wanted to speak to her manager.

When she came back, she said she had good news, and that she could apply the full discount. So the original price was £819 each for a balcony, but she reduced this to £419 each. I was so shocked all I could say was thank you over and over. So it's worth trying even if you've already booked.
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Well, phoned P&O today. It took ages to get through, but finally they answered.

When I asked about the BLC discount she said that it only applies to me bookings. So I thanked her for her help and we started chatting about cruising and the pandemic for about 15 minutes. She then said, would I hold for a few minutes as she wanted to speak to her manager.

When she came back, she said she had good news, and that she could apply the full discount. So the original price was £819 each for a balcony, but she reduced this to £419 each. I was so shocked all I could say was thank you over and over. So it's worth trying even if you've already booked.
James
Great news, well done 🙂
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
008Jerseygirl
Earning More Ears

Work finally authorised my leave today so I booked as soon as I got home. £279 pp for stateroom with clear view balcony with sofa sailing 22nd August for 4 nights.
They did ask for my BLC number. Biggest saving I've had BLC so far. I also had an email from BLC today as now offering 5% discount on DLP and Disney World, Florida
Great to have something to look forward to.
008Jerseygirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 008Jerseygirl View Post
Work finally authorised my leave today so I booked as soon as I got home. £279 pp for stateroom with clear view balcony with sofa sailing 22nd August for 4 nights.
They did ask for my BLC number. Biggest saving I've had BLC so far. I also had an email from BLC today as now offering 5% discount on DLP and Disney World, Florida
Great to have something to look forward to.
Wow that's really really tempting. I might give p&o a call. I'm booked in for my jab early August.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Looking at p&o, is there a price list anywhere of additional costs? The extra fees for restaurants and drinks/coffee shop etc?
I'm looking at the 4 night night cruise around Cornwall.
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
Looking at p&o, is there a price list anywhere of additional costs? The extra fees for restaurants and drinks/coffee shop etc?
I'm looking at the 4 night night cruise around Cornwall.
No one knows exactly what the cost of drinks will be after the pause in sailing, but here is a link to a previous drinks menu.

cruisemummy/po-cru...ks-menus-2019/

P&O are very reasonable when it comes to their drink prices. No drinks packages on these short cruises.

Costa Coffee was always cheaper than Costa on land, and don’t forget a regular tea or coffee is free after meals in the restaurants, was available all day in the buffets, and there is a kettle in your room.

If you want to visit a speciality restaurant, sample menus for each are on the P&O website, the cheapest is The Beach House which started at £7.50, most expensive Epicurean £30 ish and my favourite Sindu £20, vague on price as the price could differ based on length of cruise.
The Glass House (Wine bar) also does plates of food, prices range but have always been really good.

Don’t forget already included are 3 excellent meals in the restaurant, plus afternoon tea and a buffet, things may be different on these sailings but there will be no need to spend any extra money on food unless you want to
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you so much pinkbelle.

I'm such an idiot I forgot about everyone (including children) needing the vaccine. My 2 are 11 and 14 so won't be vaccinated 🤦😔 I think I was just too excited by the thought of a holiday!
Maybe I could do a solo?
Old 21 May 21, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellesdream View Post
Thank you so much pinkbelle.

I'm such an idiot I forgot about everyone (including children) needing the vaccine. My 2 are 11 and 14 so won't be vaccinated 🤦😔 I think I was just too excited by the thought of a holiday!
Maybe I could do a solo?
That’s a shame, especially when you just start to feel excited.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List