Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 21, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Ideas for July Trip pls!

Ok so thinking 2 weeks early July flying into LAX... want to do a few nights taking in some of the usual touristy sights (and anything that relates to Harry Styles..Beachwood Cafe for my 16 year old lol) then head off to LV .

Any suggestions on decent centrally located hotels and things to do pls.

Thinking we will either bus or hire a car to LV if prices aren’t stupid.

So far outta my comfort zone it’s untrue
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Not got much advice but we have done Los Angeles - Vegas and vice versa a few times now. We'd never drive or get the bus. Flights are not expensive, especially if you use the other airports, ie, Burbank/Long Beach.

Los Angeles is a strange destination (to me anyway). It doesn't really have a centrally located part. You just pick a part you want to stay in as your base and go from there. Its relatively easy to bus/uber to Santa Monica/Venice/Long Beach/Huntington Beach and many other places from LA. I wouldn't stay in LA again if I had the choice but that's just me. Its good for a visit to the usual touristy things but I'd select somewhere else to stay x
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

LA 100 miles across, planning is needed for where to stay. For us 3/4 days max. Others will say a week not long enough
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you do decide to drive make sure you stop at Peggy Sues on the way. It’s a brilliant cafe full of Americana.
Old 2 Jun 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstarburst
Excited about Disney

We are considering 7 / 8 nights in total next year. It will be without the kids (if grandparents agree! ).

Plan would be fly to LAX and have 1 / 2 nights in Santa Monica completing a couple of touristy things (never been to LA before), then a 3 night cruise (again a first for us) which takes in Enseneda. At the end we will do a further 2 / 3 nights where we will stay in Annaheim and visit Disney.

There are some really good deals with BA at the minute and cracking cruise prices with Royal Carribean. Its a bit of a fantasy at the minute but hoping it will happen :-)
pinkstarburst is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

The kids want to see the walk of fame, Hollywood sign, Beverley Hills and the beach ...that’s it lol.

I have been to LA a few times, many many years ago but always stayed in Anaheim.

I’m thinking maybe 4 nights max then off to LV , not been there for nearly 17 years , my kid was 6 months old and that was the last time we visited friends there!
Old 2 Jun 21, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dagzie
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

For them to see those things, you could probably do a bus tour in a day and be done. If you want to stay at the beach, I'd recommend Santa Monica/Venice/Marina Del Rey. Santa Monica is more pricey and Venice is, shall we say, a bit more earthy! We've had two fantastic AirBnB's in Venice, complete with bikes for the whole family and beach chairs. If you stay at near Abbot Kinney, there are some lovely places to eat and shop. Its also easy to get the bus from/to there to most places including Hollywood Boulevard. If you kids love the beach and want to spend a few days in the waves, I'd definitely recommend Huntington Beach - its just like Baywatch! We've got flights booked to go back there in August if Joe opens up.
Dagzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by State27 View Post
The kids want to see the walk of fame, Hollywood sign, Beverley Hills and the beach ...that’s it lol.

I have been to LA a few times, many many years ago but always stayed in Anaheim.

I’m thinking maybe 4 nights max then off to LV , not been there for nearly 17 years , my kid was 6 months old and that was the last time we visited friends there!
I'd stay in West Hollywood. It's well located for those things, has some great hotels and is a walkable neighbourhood with good nightlife and restaurants and is the part of the city where most of the young celebs and youtube stars live so probably the part of the city your kids will recognise. Comedy Store and Laugh Factory are cool places to take in a show and grab dinner. If you guys like hiking Runyon Canyon is great. Griffith Observatory is worth a visit too and the Beachwood Cafe is in that area. Also see if there's anyone playing at the Hollywood Bowl that interests you, it's back this year and is a very cool venue. The Getty is a good visit and has great views and nice gardens. The drive out to Malibu and lunch at the pier or at Dukes is nicer than Santa Monice imo.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Ok we fly June 22nd until July 3

Have booked a car to collect June 25... will see if that materializes but if not so be it.

So need a good hotel to tick off the kids wishes 22nd to 25th pls!

Will then hopefully drive to LV via ?