Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Jun 21, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Southern California – 2019 13 – Disneyland Park

I’ve been an absolute failure with this trip report and nearly 2 years on I can’t find my trip notes. So … I’m going to continue with some photos and things I remember. Sorry the next entries will be very brief, but I hope you enjoy the photos.

Southern California – 2019 13 – Disneyland Park
Monday August 19th 2019

Today we are going to spend the day at the Disneyland Park.

We walked through the Disneyland Hotel grounds again today. I’m still very excited to be at Disneyland.

We grab breakfast at Starbucks and then head to the monorail. This will take us right into the Disneyland park so we needed to use our park tickets to gain access.

I did enjoy the ride which took us along the edge of the park where we looked out onto the non-Disney hotels and then to the station in the park near It’s a Small World.

I’m very keen to ride the Matterhorn – a true Disneyland classic.

Then we ride splash mountain which has a different seat layout to WDW with a single line of riders in the boat.

We went to Winnie the Pooh

the Haunted Mansion

Pirates of the Caribbean
The Jungle Cruise

The Tiki Room

We joked about the castle being the right size for a fish tank, but enjoyed the Sleeping Beauty story inside.

We went on Snow White’s scary adventure
And then headed into Galaxy’s edge.

Up to this point everything had felt very Disney, very familiar and yet quite fresh. Galaxy’s Edge seemed very clever and I recognised the Millennium Falcon, but it wasn’t Disney. The queue for Smuggler’s run was over an hour so we couldn’t be bothered waiting for it. If you are a Star Wars fan it must be great; but I’m not so we just nosied around for a bit and then went off to It’s a Small World.

We passed the Teacups on the way (too much motion sickness to ride) and I loved seeing them without a roof – an image I first saw on Blue Peter when I was a child and lovely to see in reality.

Now it was time to head to the hotel for the obligatory rest hour . We passed a stroller size tester on the way. Goodness knows what sizes were being brought into the parks before these limits were set. As it was I think I could park my car in this space!

A couple of hours later we are passing the Disneyland Hotel and heading into Disneyland Park to find some tea.
We visited Mr Lincoln

before heading off to the Plaza restaurant for a quick serve pasta meal. It was lovely sitting outside enjoying the atmosphere while we ate.

We then went on Mr Toad’s Wild Ride, Pinocchio and It’s a Small World ( love this ride). It’s now getting dark and we find a last minute place to watch the fireworks.

It was near to the Astro Obiter, which is at ground level in this park. I thought it would be paused and darkened throughout the fireworks as we were in an official viewing area, but it wasn’t which was a shame.

We did quite enjoy the fireworks (sorry no firework pictures ) but in hindsight we should have started looking for a viewing spot about an hour earlier than we did.
Then we took the monorail back to near the Disneyland Hotel.
A Great Day!
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List