Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 28 May 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Minimum Direct Points Going To 150

Rumour is it’s going to 150 in days.

Not that long ago it was 25!

With the large SSR price increase, DVD seem incredibly bullish at the moment and even resale seems to be shooting up.

I dread to think how much they’ll try and get for the new VGF points- and that will be low compared to the Disneyland points.

Personally I’m struggling to see the value of these direct prices and minimums, but hey, for us current owners it just inflates our current holdings. I wonder what I’d get for that tiny 25 point SSR contract I have which I bought direct?

I’ve no intention of adding on anymore anyway...
Old 28 May 21, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

To me it just highlights the difference between cost and value.

Virtually every Disney cruise the first classes to sell out are the concierge. Complete opposite to the UK cruises.

Disney will keep exploiting and squeezing the premium market.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Yet ironically they haven’t opened up the club premium rooms like Kilimanjaro at AKL yet
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I considered having a direct add on for the blue card but wasn't ready to buy before it started shooting up. I'm not convinced of the value of those "extras" now.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

It was a bad idea letting it go so low in the first place, its created lots of members an had made availability in some resorts that have big point rooms really hard to get. It was 150 for many years.
Old 1 Jun 21, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
It was a bad idea letting it go so low in the first place, its created lots of members an had made availability in some resorts that have big point rooms really hard to get. It was 150 for many years.
I never understood why they reduced it, felt like they were devaluing their product, which contradicts everything they do.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I never understood why they reduced it, felt like they were devaluing their product, which contradicts everything they do.
In my opinion they reduced it thinking "addonitis" would take over. If you had a bunch of members buying it at 25 points tI am thinking Disney thought they would use the points and want to add on.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 13 Jun 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

as someone with resale points where the initial contract didn't go through in time for the 25 add on points and was hoping for a smaller add on this has now just priced it out of the market which is a shame. I honestly can't see the value at this level of buying direct over resale :-( - but that is only my opinion and I appreciate others prefer to go direct with Disney
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

I suspect Disney management have something up their sleeves, possibly a further differential like they added in 2019 with Riviera - but what do I know :
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Wow SSR sold nearly 28000 points direct last month, up 46%. I’m not surprised they’ve put the price up.