Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 12 Jun 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Escape from Pretoria good film I enjoyed watching it
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Raya and the Last Dragon...

Pretty bloody awesome, actually, really liked it. Didn't do the Premium Access for this one, though I wouldn't have been disappointed if I had.

Liked the message toward the end of the credit run: "... Dude, you're still on mute." Quite a production in Covid times.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Agree, we watched it Saturday night and loved it.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Dream Horse... hollywood tells the tale of the remarkable horse Dream Alliance and its rag tag bobtail mob of Welsh mining village owners... loved every minute of it... like Full Monty (only better) just replace unemployed todgers for toothless taffs... brilliant feelgood movie

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
The book is so much better. I thought the film starts ok but unravels towards the end.
Completely agree about the Alex cross books ..I’ve read everything single one !
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Masterminds. It's from 2016 but I'd not heard of it before. Based on a true story about the largest heist in 1997. It's quite funny and we did enjoy it.
As it started, knowing it's starring Kristin Wiig, Owen Wilson and Jason Sudeikis, you know how it's going to be.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Finally got around to watching Captain Philips and enjoyed it. Prompted me to read into the whole story
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We went full circle and watched Enola Holmes again. Dd20 is here for a bit and hadn't seen it. Very pleasant family film. Entertaining.

One of those films with so many of the cast who have done different "big" things... oh look, Eleven (stranger things) and the guy from hunger games are with Superman at the station... there's aunt Petunia and Bellatrix and the Giant lady from Harry Potter, not so giant in this one... even the kids were going "what were they in?"
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I finally got around to watching Wonder Woman 1984. And, yeah, it’s not that great. It’s cheesy, silly, inconsistent. Definitely not as good as the first WW movie. But I wouldn’t say it was terrible. It was still entertaining at times.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Things Seen & Heard (Netflix) --- it was OK. It felt lacking along the way, somehow and ...

The whole 'enigmatic ending' trend is too popular these days, IMHO. I don't want to write the ending for them.

Also, a question for anyone who's seen and heard Things Seen & Heard ()...

What happened to Franny, the daughter?

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I finally got around to watching Wonder Woman 1984. And, yeah, it’s not that great. It’s cheesy, silly, inconsistent. Definitely not as good as the first WW movie. But I wouldn’t say it was terrible. It was still entertaining at times.
I keep meaning to watch the first one of these.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 09:05 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List