Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Hawaii04
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Easter 22 here also. 31st March for 14 nights, virgin indirect 2 adults & 2 children £1540 and accommodation vistana resort at just over £2k. Can’t wait
Hawaii04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Briggykins
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Interesting that a lot of Dibbers seem to be flying in via Miami. Out of interest are the savings sizeable when you have to then do the big 5(?) hour drive up to Orlando?

(Obviously the answer is yes which is why a lot of Dibbers do it, however I'm curious (nosey!) to hear what the numbers are compared with a direct UK to MCO type flight - please)
I left it quite late so when I was looking at Orlando flights they were around double the Miami ones. There were cheaper indirect options but my wife doesn't like flying much so wanted to go direct. As such we saved around £2k total by going via Miami, minus the cost of petrol and tolls to get up there and back.

We do lose a day but from past experience we haven't done much on the first full day in Orlando anyway so we'll treat the drive up as our settling in day.

Edited at 03:24 PM.
Briggykins is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I found into Orlando and out of Miami cheapest for a flydrive when I booked (looked at all combo's of Tampa, Orlando & Miami because we're spending time in all three locations). The biggest driver of price is the date though - I have to go in the actual school holidays, no adding a day on for cheap flights like we used to

Edited at 11:28 PM.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Just booked Easter! Gonna spend 3 nights in New York first. Means 2 stops on way home mco - jfk- lhr - edi but saves us £3k and we get 3 days in New York. No brainier for me as we always go indirect so only 1 more stop.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicolast
Getting to know the DIBB

We are first timers going 6th April for 17 nights... 5 Adults , 2 teens & 2 kids
Flights with Aer lingus via JFK much dearer than we planned Car hire sorted
Villa in Emerald island sorted
just need universal pacage tickets dont think we are doing wdw
I am excited but nervous about the planning etc
I seen peolpe mention vochers for food and rainforest cafe etc What are these?
thanks
Nicolast is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Nicolast View Post
We are first timers going 6th April for 17 nights... 5 Adults , 2 teens & 2 kids
thanks
Welcome aboard! There's a wealth of information here on The Dibb and there will always be folk who can answer practically any question you have so don't be afraid to ask no matter how small or silly it may seem there will be other Dibbers probably wondering exactly the same as you.

There are loads of coupon booklets available all over in stores and supermarkets that have discounts and deals at various restaurants to save you some money. Best tip is to sign up for the various email newsletters from restaurants and they will send you all sorts of discounted deals - then just unsubscribe when you are back home. Lots of good supermarkets to choose from if you don't fancy charging around the various eateries. Eating out is not as cheap as it used to be but the portions can easily be split between two to keep costs down depending on where you're eating.

I'm sure many other Dibbers will be able to offer you a heap of advice shortly...

Edited at 09:54 AM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
nicandben
I want to go now!

I've just booked for Easter 2022, 2 adults and 2 children 11th- 25th April, Flying BA Gatwick to Tampa, 14 nights in Doubletree Hilton at Seaworld and with a luxury SUV for the 14 days for £3224
nicandben is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Nicolast View Post
thanks
We purchased a Groupon US deal for Rainforest Cafe. The deals change all the time on there - worth a look
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ronaldo
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Just Booked for April 1st

Had my virgin flight cancelled today for 29th July. Brilliant service I must say. I was rebooked onto my preferred Easter dates at no extra cost. 17 nights! Can't wait to finally get there after 2 years of trying! How is the weather in April as only ever been in August?
Ronaldo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
kirstygary765
Proud to wear my Ears

Weather has always been great for us, Hot & dry not too humid