Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Feb 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Whats happening with the Poly?

Just being nosey at availability and noticed that from August 7th - September 17th all accommodation types (including the water bungalows) are unavailable.

There was availability a couple of days ago so something is going on but does anyone know what? I know they're refurbishing the monorail etc and the normal hotel rooms but I can't understand why the DVC rooms have suddenly gone on these dates, especially the bungalows as they never sell out, not in blocks like that anyway!

Any ideas?
Old 4 Feb 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Refurb I suspect? Soft goods this year is it ? Will be interested to see what it’s like.
I’d like to stay next year with this, the new main building, monorail station etc.
Old 4 Feb 21, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Refurb I suspect? Soft goods this year is it ? Will be interested to see what it’s like.
I’d like to stay next year with this, the new main building, monorail station etc.
Thats one of the theories on the other forum but they're saying that they usually do a block at a time and don't close the whole lot? But then we're in strange times so maybe they're doing it differently this time? 🤷🏼
Old 4 Feb 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Thats one of the theories on the other forum but they're saying that they usually do a block at a time and don't close the whole lot? But then we're in strange times so maybe they're doing it differently this time? 🤷🏼
It may be that occupancy levels are so low it’s cheaper to close, blitz the refurb without having to work around / be slowed down by guests?

I don’t know how that works legally with DVC though I wondered if something changes at seven months (?) because the dates may tie into that ... as in, other properties are available to book at seven months. Pure guess!
Old 5 Feb 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

They've completely gutted the hotel rooms, it's quite amazing. I'll be interested to see what they look like when finished.

As for the DVC rooms, I can only assume it is the soft refurb but I guess time will tell...

Edited at 04:07 PM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida15
Getting Excited

We are booked into the Poly (as our home resort) 31/7 - 7/8 and 18/8-21/8 (assuming we are able to travel of course!)

I had assumed the renovations would be complete by then but maybe not! Wonder now if they will move us to another resort? I wanted BCV for 18-21 but no chance of booking this at 7 months!
Florida15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Florida15 View Post
We are booked into the Poly (as our home resort) 31/7 - 7/8 and 18/8-21/8 (assuming we are able to travel of course!)

I had assumed the renovations would be complete by then but maybe not! Wonder now if they will move us to another resort? I wanted BCV for 18-21 but no chance of booking this at 7 months!
Have you had a cancellation email for the 18-21/8? It’s still showing as unavailable.

I even asked my DVC guide and he had no clue. He said he very much doubts it will be just for the soft refurb 🤷🏼
Old 8 Feb 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida15
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Have you had a cancellation email for the 18-21/8? It’s still showing as unavailable.

I even asked my DVC guide and he had no clue. He said he very much doubts it will be just for the soft refurb 🤷🏼
Hi

No we have not had any cancellation emails! Will wait and see what happens. If I hear anything I will post an update
Florida15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 21, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Just wondered if anyone had heard anything yet? Would really like to book this for August but the dates still aren't available 😏
Old 3 Mar 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This is really odd- I don’t think they are entitled under the agreement to just stop members booking. Unless with the coronavirus situation it’s literally booked up?