Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 29 Mar 21, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
Did afternoon tea boxes yesterday.
Homemade sausage rolls
4 flavour sandwich selection
Scone clotted cream & strawberry jam
Easter chocolate fridge cake
Lemon curd cupcakes with rice paper daffodil
Cherry bakewell
Put in a few chocolate eggs chick's and bunnies.

That looks amazing! I did an afternoon tea for my daughter’s birthday too but it looks nothing compared to yours!

Salmon and cucumber rolls, brownies, macarons, lemon cheesecake and scones.
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
That looks amazing! I did an afternoon tea for my daughter’s birthday too but it looks nothing compared to yours!

Salmon and cucumber rolls, brownies, macarons, lemon cheesecake and scones.
I bet she absolutely loved it 😍
Old 29 Mar 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Love an afternoon tea, i got to make a special pinic for friday.

Yesterdays cake went a bit wrong, cake tins too large so samdwich layers were thin, then chocolate cream went wrong, i melted cadburys but that didnt work well and when i mixed with cream went sloppy mess! DD decorated it though!

Old 29 Mar 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

not really a big baker myself (not counting pizza), although have started to experiment a little more now i have an electric oven that has a consistent temperature! my old gas one was *useless*

but i'm a sucker for a nice chunk of brownie. heres some cherry, pecan and salted caramel ones i made recently

the only other thing i tend to make regular are bagels, although now i've found costco do bagel nash bagels, i've been buying them instead (they freeze nicely)

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Everything that everyone has made looks amazing.
I don’t bake very often as I’d eat it all and I wouldn’t be able to decorate cakes like some of you have
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Inspired by Sarah’s pics I’ve just made Bueno cookie pie and it was a triumph! My daughter gave it 10/10 which is unheard of and my son did a doorstep delivery to his girlfriend.
I also made Mini egg cookies but they only got 8/10 because I did it break the mini eggs up or put any on top 😩
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
Probably some choc chip as have just bought a bag of callebaut chips and also some sugar cookie cut ous to decorate, I have a pic from a couple of years ago on my Instagram but cannot copy it over. Will go and try again lol

Here we go..
Aw these are so cute 😍
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Your easter treat box is so pretty!
Thanks so much x
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
I'm planning a simnel cake, although can't be bothered to make marzipan so buying some tomorrow. We've not even started to eat the Christmas cake yet! Feeding it every couple of weeks though. I always used to make a simnel until we started holidaying at easter. Made a 'covid-cake' last year (Delias Sherry Mincemeat).
Sounds lovely 😋 I love marzipan! Good luck with your baking 😁 x
Old 29 Mar 21, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I really timed my children wrong so I have a birthday on 22nd March and another 5th April. This means a lot of my excuses for baking are competing with Easter! I love baking, and decorating. This is my daughter’s 13th birthday cake last week
A chocolate biscuit cake so not really baking!
DS has asked for a sticky toffee cake. His birthday falls on Easter Monday so no Easter baking for me!
Looks tasty! 😋 Your kids are lucky you bake for them x