Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Apr 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 3

Thursday 5th July – Shopping and Seaworld Take 2

Index is here

We slept till 6.30 this morning. We planned a fairly quiet day today, we were feeling a little tired after Discovery Cove yesterday. After getting ready we sauntered up the road to Denny’s again this morning.

There was an issue with first table we were given as there was a drip coming from overhead so we were moved just across the aisle.

I had the create your own slam as did ds but his was the junior one.

Dh had the strawberry and banana pancake breakfast. He also had loaded hash browns.

My breakfast was cold when it came out, I flagged down the server who couldn’t apologise enough and replaced it quickly.

Afterwards we headed to Walmart via Uber which cost $8. I love a wee Walmart trip, we topped up on sun lotions and snacks. Ds got some sports stuff for school and wearing while we were away and DH got an Orlando City top.

We got a great supply of sweets and crisps. My favourites, junior mints, mint M&M’s and Strawberry Nut ones.

Ds and dh headed to the pool but only got about 15 minutes swim time before they shut the pool due to potential lightning.

I went across to Pointe Orlando to have a wee wander in Tommy Hilfiger and charming Charlie. For once the Tommy outlet was fantastic, I got 2 dresses, a top, a bag, a cardi and a wool zip up hoodie for Ds. My haul was an absolute bargain, I’ve never really been successful in here again though. On the way back I picked up a strawberry and cream frappacino for Ds which was on offer at $1.75, another bargain.

We decided just to grab a 14inch pepperoni pizza from the hotel shop $15. It was perfect and very tasty.

We headed off to SeaWorld just after 4 on an I-trolley this time, we were interested in all the Summer night time stuff they had on offer.

Kraken was an 80 minute wait so the idea of Ds riding didn’t even come up. Instead we went off to feed the stingrays, this was great fun.

We paid the $5.99 to re-use the mug, again I’m convinced we got our money’s worth.

We carried on and saw the dolphins and then the manatees, we stopped briefly for Ds to get some rainbow dippin dots before going to visit the sharks.

We stopped off at pretzel kitchen again and shared a pepperoni pretzel and a pretzel dog. I liked the pretzel dog best as I was feeling pretty cheesed out. This was $18.

Dh and I had our 2 free beers which were Coors light and Yuerling. I preferred the Coors light.

We really fancied something sweet and I’d spotted funnel fries earlier so I walked back to Mako and picked up some loaded funnel fries, omg these were great to share. They were $7.

We watched some of the electric ocean stuff, Clyde and Seamore which was hilarious and took the mickey out of SeaWorld. Then the Shamu show and lastly Ignite which was like a 90s throwback John Michael Jarre concert, we loved it!

It was pouring with rain as we headed back on the I-trolley.

Step count – 18k
Highlights – Ds – Clyde and Seamore Show, Me and Dh - Ignite
Old 8 Apr 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida1972
Excited about Disney

I love the Tommy Hilfiger outlet at Pointe, you can get some serious bargains if you hit it at the right time, I’m hoping it’s still open next time we get to go 🤞
Lovely afternoon at Sea World, thanks for posting 🙂
Florida1972 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Florida1972 View Post
I love the Tommy Hilfiger outlet at Pointe, you can get some serious bargains if you hit it at the right time, I’m hoping it’s still open next time we get to go 🤞
Lovely afternoon at Sea World, thanks for posting 🙂
I always like to have a wander, it is full of such random stuff, it's definitely hit or miss. I always liked Charming Charlie, the fact it was colour ordered really appealed but it isn't there anymore I believe.
Old 9 Apr 21, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Another great day. Can't beat a bit of retail therapy. Some good bargains.
Old 9 Apr 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you got some bargains on your little mooch and a nice evening at Seaworld

Joan
Old 10 Apr 21, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another great day with some good bargains.
Although we’ve stayed in that area a few times we’ve never really walked around Pointe Orlando so will have to rectify that next time we go.
Seaworld looks great at night and what are the funnel fries?
I love funnel cake so I’m hoping they’re imilar
Old 10 Apr 21, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So lovely to read a trippie - thank you for posting ! Sounds like great bargains 😀
Old 11 Apr 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Another great day. Can't beat a bit of retail therapy. Some good bargains.
I love a bit of shopping, even better I got a bit of alone shopping time without the other two moaning.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like you got some bargains on your little mooch and a nice evening at Seaworld

Joan
I did and I enjoyed my wee alone time wander.

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Another great day with some good bargains.
Although we’ve stayed in that area a few times we’ve never really walked around Pointe Orlando so will have to rectify that next time we go.
Seaworld looks great at night and what are the funnel fries?
I love funnel cake so I’m hoping they’re imilar
I'm not sure how much stuff is at the Pointe now, it's worth a wander round though if all you have to do is cross the road.

Yep, the funnel fries were essentially strips of funnel cake, they were amazing!

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
So lovely to read a trippie - thank you for posting ! Sounds like great bargains 😀
Aww thanks for reading, I can't wait to be typing up a current one.
Old 11 Apr 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I used to love the BBW store @POINTE ORLANDO , sad it closed .
I also picked up some great bargains at Tommy Hilfiger here too
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
I used to love the BBW store @POINTE ORLANDO , sad it closed .
I also picked up some great bargains at Tommy Hilfiger here too
I would be bankrupt if that had still been there. I’d have been nipping in everyday if I was at the Rosen Plaza and buying way too many foaming soaps 😂 it is a shame it’s not there. You’d think it would have done quite well.