Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Apr 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report - Day 7

Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report

Index is here

Monday 9th July – Nearly a coaster day

Everybody was feeling a bit shattered this morning. We are definitely getting to that long lie stage of the holiday. We had some of these mini donut things while getting ready.

Grabbed an Uber to SeaWorld which was $8 and we arrived about 9.15. Although there were lines to get in everything was pretty quick. Ds was desperate to do Atlantis again so headed over there, put our stuff in the lockers and walked on to Atlantis twice.

Since we were in the area we thought we would have a look at Kraken. It was showing a 30 minute wait, they were using the VR again today though. They had 2 lines, one for VR and one without. Ds thought he might give it a go this morning so we joined the non VR line. So far so good. He made it all the way on to the ride but the VR headset checks took so long for those that were doing it that way that he panicked and then changed his mind. He got off with DH and waited for me, he didn’t want to talk to Dh as I think he was a bit annoyed at himself but at the end of the day it’s his decision so maybe next time. At least he’d mustered the courage to get in the line, if there hadn’t been any VR he’d have done it, too much thinking time.

We activated the mug again, this has been a great deal for us and we grabbed a couple of snacks as we went. Pringles and cookies.

Ds was keen to see the sea lion show and then feed the sea lions, this was lots of fun. Ds was a little scared of the big birds that were trying to catch the fish.

We stopped off to see the Dolphins at their underwater bit. Ds was really keen on taking pictures of them.

We also did Turtle Trek which we all really like.

It was just a quick visit and we were really keen to see the pop the bubble show. For a good few years Ds always went to see a show like this with his Granny at the festival and always raved about it. This did not disappoint and was really good.

Maybe we had a bit too many blue raspberry ices.

We left about 2.30 and got the I-trolley to Millers for a late lunch.

Ds had the kids mac and cheese. He liked it, I think it’s manky! But I don’t particularly like Mac and cheese anyway.

Dh had the full size fish and chips and ds had some. He also had an angry orchard.

I had the lunch buttermilk calamari salad, this was fab. I also had a blue moon mango beer which was really nice.

A good value lunch.

Couldn’t quite decide where to have dinner last night, too many choices and not enough time. We walked up towards the Orlando eye and settled on the yard house.

We had a 15 minute wait for a table. We grabbed drinks at the bar but we couldn’t stand there as we had Ds. I always thought the rule was no kids at the bar but different places seem to have different rules as I heard them tell a family at Bahama Breeze the night before that it was fine.

Dh had a tangerine wheat beer and I had a pineapple cider. Both were nice enough.

We ordered 3 appetisers to share. The cheese curds and coconut shrimp were amazing and the classic sliders which were fine. It was more than enough food. Dh also had another beer, a funky Buddha pineapple which didn’t taste of pineapple and he didn’t like as much.

This place was massive and quite loud. Ds liked the food but not so much the place. I think he’d like it better now as a teen. Dh and I thought it was good. Although I did notice the beer I’d had at lunch was nearly $2 more expensive here than at millers.

We left about 10pm and walked back down the road.

Steps: 18k
Highlights: Ds - Sealions, Me - Kraken, Dh - Atlantis
Old 12 Apr 21, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Seaworld is such a relaxed park and you can find plenty to do every visit
Food at the Yard House looks good
Old 12 Apr 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another good day

Joan

Edited at 08:46 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Seaworld is such a relaxed park and you can find plenty to do every visit
Food at the Yard House looks good
It was nice just to visit for small amounts of time. Hoping to include it next summer again, if we can go, so we can do all the big rides together.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
Thanks, another quite chilled day.
Old 26 Apr 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

It feels weird reading more Seaworld fun-it’s silly that I associate you so much with Universal I think I must be suffering more withdrawal than I think it’s probably the Landry card made me think of Bubba Gumps and I feel you should be telling me you have been to Lombards or are having some wine at the Thirsty Fish I miss Florida more than I think
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 21, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
It feels weird reading more Seaworld fun-it’s silly that I associate you so much with Universal I think I must be suffering more withdrawal than I think it’s probably the Landry card made me think of Bubba Gumps and I feel you should be telling me you have been to Lombards or are having some wine at the Thirsty Fish I miss Florida more than I think
We are more Universal than Seaworld - don’t worry there’s loads of Universal including Lombards. No wine at the Thirsty Fish this trip as all the wine was consumed free at club level 😂
Old 28 Apr 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
A great morning at Seaworld, I love the idea of watching a bubble show, it look amazing. You just can’t go wrong at Millers, everything looks great but I’m not sure I would eat the Mac n cheese either.

We went to Yard House Christmas 2019 and really enjoyed the food. We are a bit like you, I love appetisers :grin means more room for cocktails! Another great day.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
A great morning at Seaworld, I love the idea of watching a bubble show, it look amazing. You just can’t go wrong at Millers, everything looks great but I’m not sure I would eat the Mac n cheese either.

We went to Yard House Christmas 2019 and really enjoyed the food. We are a bit like you, I love appetisers :grin means more room for cocktails! Another great day.
Thanks, the Bubble show was a bit random, I think it was called POP! It was a welcome escape from the heat and it was fun. Millers is such good value especially if you go for the specials, the Zinger salad you had on your trip would be great for me, would you recommend it?

The starter portions shared are loads of food, I think I'd go back to the Yard House.
Old 29 Apr 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks, the Bubble show was a bit random, I think it was called POP! It was a welcome escape from the heat and it was fun. Millers is such good value especially if you go for the specials, the Zinger salad you had on your trip would be great for me, would you recommend it?

The starter portions shared are loads of food, I think I'd go back to the Yard House.
I would literally eat zingers off a flip flop! I really miss Millers.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List