Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Apr 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report day 13

Wot no Disney - Well just a smidgeon - July 2018 mainly offsite trip report day 13

Index is here

Sunday 15th July - A walk in the parks

The day began with another club level breakfast.
I took some photos of some of the offerings this mornings, there was way more than just this.

As I thought you might all be bored looking at photos of my onion bagel or ds pancakes.

Club level menu for tonight

After breakfast we had another voodoo donut. The peanut cake. If you love peanuts this is the one for you. It was superb.

Universal was the plan today. Our park pace had slowed significantly and we were happy just to take our time, we had settled into our holiday. We caught the boat and walked over to Universal with no real plan whatsoever and it was nice.

We walked up Hollywood and did some character meets.
The Mystery Machine was out but no characters.

Bart and Lisa were out.

Popeye next.

It is a great area for character meets and it is never particularly busy.

We were heading for ET and met Princess Poppy, although Ds refused initially to be involved with this photo, the team member did persuade him to join us though.

My favourite from SpongeBob was out doing photos, Patrick so we had to go and meet him.

Since we had the photo package we also did the ET photos on the bikes and in the toy closet. These are super cute.

We also rode ET, it’s a classic.

Ds rode the Woody Woodpecker kids coaster a few times by himself, I think he liked doing this alone.

Ds had dippin dots $5 and we reactivated our mug.

We went to see Animal Actors and had a wee rest.

Notice so far we haven’t done anything that express pass was useful for.

Carrying on we went round to Springfield to do the Simpsons, Kang and Kodos and of course take some more photos. We also met Sideshow Bob.

Men in Black was next, we rode twice with Dh winning once and me winning once, much to the disgust of Ds. The Mummy was next. Ds was going to ride and came all the way through the line but we were allocated front row and he quickly changed his mind, maybe next time.

We went to Lombards for lunch, I’d booked a table on the website, we were seated pretty quickly and they were advising a 30-40 minute wait. This was great.

We had strawberry milkshakes and frozen pina coladas.

Sour dough rolls with butter.

Ds and dh shared the cheese curds and the fisherman’s basket.

I had the Cesar salad with blackened salmon, this was outstanding. I’m quite fussy with my salmon so it’s high praise indeed.

After we popped into Diagon Alley. Ds wanted to buy a pygmy puff. We talked him down to the little one. It was so cute as they did a little naming ceremony for it, at first Ds was embarrassed but he got into it.

On the way out we rode Minions.

We caught the boat back and headed straight to the club lounge and ds had a little pasta.

Dh and I had cheese and crackers, wine and a beer. After what felt like an eternity on Slimming World the cheese and crackers was one of my daily highlights.

A wee rest and change and we headed back out about 8pm, on our way we realised club level had the sweet things out so we nipped in and grabbed a couple of cookies to eat on the boat. They had a fair selection of cookies and little what looked like lemon cheesecakes.

We ended up walking and headed to IOA where we just did marvel superhero island.

Ds and Dh rode Spiderman together, Dh went on Doom and I went on Hulk in the dark, it was awesome.

Steps: 22.5k
Highlights: Ds – Pygmy Puff Ceremony, Dh – The Mummy, Me – Hulk in the Dark

Edited at 09:13 PM.
Rescuer is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Another great day. I love the ET photos
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 20 Apr 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
clyde106
Earning More Ears

Another fab day! Currently going back and reading all your old trip reports
clyde106 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Aw I am enjoying reading your trip report. We love RPR and fancy trying club level next time. Whenever I look at it I always wonder if it makes worth it. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters, also always wonder whether the timings would suit us. It’s a toughie. we love ET also and want to try the Voodoo donuts next year (hopefully!)
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Another great day. I love the ET photos
Thanks, they are such a cute photo op, they even have 2 other different backgrounds you can select now.

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day

Joan
Thanks Joan, lots of time in the park but at a chilled pace - the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by clyde106 View Post
Another fab day! Currently going back and reading all your old trip reports
Thanks, I hope you enjoy them. I read you've booked Aventura for next year, when are you going? Such a great place to stay, we loved our Mardi Gras stay there. I'd be fancying an October trip there for HHN, this year or next.

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Aw I am enjoying reading your trip report. We love RPR and fancy trying club level next time. Whenever I look at it I always wonder if it makes worth it. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenage daughters, also always wonder whether the timings would suit us. It’s a toughie. we love ET also and want to try the Voodoo donuts next year (hopefully!)
Thanks for reading.

I do think club level is good and once we changed the way we'd normally do Universal it was great, brilliant for a longer trip where there isn't the need to rush. Might be great for the teens if they eat half as much as my now 13 year old does. I wonder if club level will go back to operating as it did when we went with all the Covid changes?

ET is such a classic.

Absolutely try Voodoo, I'd love one now. You could just spend the club level upgrade cost on them,
The apple fritter is our top choice alongside the orange creamsicle bar one. Delicious.
Old 22 Apr 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Firstxmastrip
Imagineer

Firstxmastrip's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
loving this report! so nice to read on again!

can't wait to get back to universal again.
Firstxmastrip is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Firstxmastrip View Post
loving this report! so nice to read on again!

can't wait to get back to universal again.
Aww thanks for reading and commenting. ❤️

Me too. Have you got some plans in your head? Mine is full of Halloween, Christmas, February, Summer, October... pretty much any of the school holidays other than Easter, I’d settle for just one of those though 😂😂
Old 22 Apr 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
That donut looks so good , it’s on my list for sure
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
That donut looks so good , it’s on my list for sure
So much choice at Voodoo. You are bound to find a few that make it in to your list 😂😂