Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

I am/was due to go 6/7 from Liverpool. Travel agent was told today MSC would not confirm whether in the first 1000, and will not allow any rebooking or refund for that date as they are still in talks with the government to try to allow the sailings to go ahead. I wanted to pay an additional £400 to change to going 31st July instead. Not an option.

Assuming they are talking about the ‘data review being done 2 weeks before incase cases have dropped’ by the government that would mean we will be left hanging on not knowing for another couple of weeks yet 😡 no opportunity to amend annual leave with work or have money back to book another holiday for the dates I am stuck with.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
olivia
Serious Dibber

Hope no one gets their booking cancelled. It’s bad they won’t let you change your booking, I thought there was a 15 day change your date guarantee, so much for that! The not knowing doesn’t help as we could be booking something else. We are booked for 17th july so will wait and see.
olivia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Lots of cancellations for the 26th June on FB.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Lots of cancellations for the 26th June on FB.
P&O are now doing the same as well.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Temp77
A Guest at All-Stars

I’m booked for Liverpool leaving 29 June and haven’t heard anything yet. We booked on 9 April which was only just a week after they were released but who knows if that was early enough! I’m also concerned priority will be given to those who get on a few days earlier in Southampton. I can certainly do without the stress caused by this uncertainty that’s for sure!
Temp77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Temp77 View Post
I’m booked for Liverpool leaving 29 June and haven’t heard anything yet. We booked on 9 April which was only just a week after they were released but who knows if that was early enough! I’m also concerned priority will be given to those who get on a few days earlier in Southampton. I can certainly do without the stress caused by this uncertainty that’s for sure!
We booked same date as you so 🤞🤞🤞🤞
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ben and David a couple of TA’s and vloggers have been bumped off a P&O cruise and Disney now seems to have funny messages talking about cancellations due to pandemics too but nothing official!
Old 18 Jun 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
Ben and David a couple of TA’s and vloggers have been bumped off a P&O cruise and Disney now seems to have funny messages talking about cancellations due to pandemics too but nothing official!
Where have you seen the messages about Disney please?
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Where have you seen the messages about Disney please?
If you try a new booking on March 23rd Southampton it suddenly showed no more rooms available except a suite so lots of previous rooms for sale had disappeared.
Then if you went to book that room there was a little message pop up re potential Covid cancellations but rest assured that you would be refunded!
Now that’s a message I’d not seen before.
However, things were changing constantly yesterday so it might be gone today. Who knows.
It coincided with many other lines cancelling in order to keep their numbers to the 1000 limit.
I must admit I was surprised that they overbooked gambling to begin with because nothing happens in the UK that you’d gamble on sadly.
Old 18 Jun 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Some reports it will take 150 days to get our money back if MSC book us off ! Surely no !