Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 7 May 21, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Great Blue Light Card Discounts on P&O, Princess and Cunard Staycation Cruises

These discounts have only gone up on the blue light card website in the last couple of days (I'm on there quite often looking at cruise related stuff at the moment!).

Up to 45% off P&O cruises, up to 45% off Cunard Cruises and up to 25% off Princess cruises, all sailings up until 30th September.

We were already considering a P&O 3 nighter for my birthday in July (to go with our MSC one at the end of this month and DCL one in September!) so need to get some quotes in I think!
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 21, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Wow, Thank you for posting, it’s new bookings only, but I am going to phone tomorrow morning and see if I can amend my June booking with P&O and August with Princess. With the current flexible booking conditions they currently have I might be able to take advantage of the discount.

Edited to add:
P&O very simple, They simply recalculated the fare. So now it’s an amazing deal.

Princess, took the details and will get back to me. Although they said they would apply the discount I won’t believe it until it happens.

Edited at 10:18 AM.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Princess have also repriced our cruise to apply the discount, Thank you so much Ladyshopper, my DH would not have noticed the discounts.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Wow, Thank you for posting, it’s new bookings only, but I am going to phone tomorrow morning and see if I can amend my June booking with P&O and August with Princess. With the current flexible booking conditions they currently have I might be able to take advantage of the discount.

Edited to add:
P&O very simple, They simply recalculated the fare. So now it’s an amazing deal.

Princess, took the details and will get back to me. Although they said they would apply the discount I won’t believe it until it happens.
Brilliant news! I've been looking a lot this week as need to book parking at Southampton and when I search all the cruise companies come up.

I'm definitely going to look at pricing up a P&O cruise for my birthday. 🙂
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
These discounts have only gone up on the blue light card website in the last couple of days (I'm on there quite often looking at cruise related stuff at the moment!).

Up to 45% off P&O cruises, up to 45% off Cunard Cruises and up to 25% off Princess cruises, all sailings up until 30th September.

We were already considering a P&O 3 nighter for my birthday in July (to go with our MSC one at the end of this month and DCL one in September!) so need to get some quotes in I think!
Thank you so so much for posting this, I have saved £540 on our Cunard Seacation cruise in July . I have to say I was very impressed with Cunard too who repriced it without a quibble, the lovely lady who dealt with me seemed delighted too. Thanks again
Old 8 May 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CC71 View Post
Thank you so so much for posting this, I have saved £540 on our Cunard Seacation cruise in July . I have to say I was very impressed with Cunard too who repriced it without a quibble, the lovely lady who dealt with me seemed delighted too. Thanks again
Fab news!

Have you sailed Cunard before? I know nothing about them really, I guess I always associate Cunard with old people (no offence meant!) but wondering if I should consider them for a staycation cruise with such a good discount?
Old 8 May 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Fab news!

Have you sailed Cunard before? I know nothing about them really, I guess I always associate Cunard with old people (no offence meant!) but wondering if I should consider them for a staycation cruise with such a good discount?
No offence taken 😂 I’ve just turned 50 and I like them, however I would say they’re probably not to everyone’s taste! Their ships are beautiful and glamorous, Art Deco style interiors but much more formal than other lines than we have sailed and dress codes are strictly enforced. Drinks are expensive and everything is priced in $ onboard. Queen Mary 2 is very popular with millennials apparently! For context we like Celebrity too and have cruises booked with Princess and P&O next year. We saved 45%, thanks to you, definitely worth considering them given the bargain price. 😁
Old 8 May 21, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CC71 View Post
No offence taken 😂 I’ve just turned 50 and I like them, however I would say they’re probably not to everyone’s taste! Their ships are beautiful and glamorous, Art Deco style interiors but much more formal than other lines than we have sailed and dress codes are strictly enforced. Drinks are expensive and everything is priced in $ onboard. Queen Mary 2 is very popular with millennials apparently! For context we like Celebrity too and have cruises booked with Princess and P&O next year. We saved 45%, thanks to you, definitely worth considering them given the bargain price. 😁
Thank you! I'm 45 and my husband 50, we're pretty young at heart though (although my body thinks I'm about 90! ). We've cruised Disney, NCL, Celebrity, MSC and Marella. Currently have an MSC booked at the end of this month and Princess in October. We really loved our Celebrity cruise, have booked with them for Alaska next year. Don't like the sound of expensive drinks on Cunard! Will give it some thought, thank you.
Old 10 May 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
008Jerseygirl
Earning More Ears

Thank you for posting this. I called P&O this afternoon to get rates and I nearly fall off my chair! Looks like we will be booking as these rates are too good to turn down.
008Jerseygirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Blue Light have some good discounts. 10% off Hotels.com but you’ve got to pay in full and I go for the cancellable ones now. I even got £200 off a treadmill through Blue Light.
Great discounts off Iberostar hotels usually.