Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 18 May 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I saw a post on the blue light card FB that someone applied and got their card in 3 days. Just thought I'd let you know.
Brill thanks
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

I rung both P&O and Cunard. The biggest discounts are on balcony cabins, for inside and ocean view it isn't so high.

As an example, the 7 night southern short break on Iona over the August bank holiday show the following prices online: Inside from £579, Ocean View from £649 and Balcony from £849.

With blue light card discount the prices I was given were £359 inside, £389 ocean view and £419 balcony, so the saving for a balcony is actually 50%, whereas the other 2 categories are much lower.

For a 7 night Cunard cruise that was also over the bank holiday it shows prices online as being ocean view from £699 and balcony from £799 (not put inside as didn't get a quote for that).

Actual prices with blue light card discount were obstructed ocean view £429, forward/aft balcony for £519 and midship balcony for £599, so definitely not the 45% discount. However, it was 45% off for a balcony for a shorter cruise I got quoted for.

I just got quotes from both companies for all the cruises we were interested in, which was a shorter one for my birthday in July, then a longer one over the August bank holiday, then took it from there. It was very quick on the phone to get quotes.
Hi. I have just been approved for a Blue Light Card. We have a 7 night Staycation cruise booked with P&O for September. Would I still be able to get the discount on this cruise or is it only for new bookings?

Also, what did you ask them when you phoned up?

Thanks
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Hi. I have just been approved for a Blue Light Card. We have a 7 night Staycation cruise booked with P&O for September. Would I still be able to get the discount on this cruise or is it only for new bookings?

Also, what did you ask them when you phoned up?

Thanks
James
I think it's cruises up until 30th September, but you'd need to double check the blue light card website for the details. There is a code you need to quote which is also on there, but basically you just tell them you have a blue light card.

Pretty sure there were some people earlier in the thread who said they managed to get their existing bookings repriced.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the quick reply. I received an email from BLC to say that I'd been accepted. It also said that the digital card would show on the app. But all it says is Card status, card printing.
Do I need to wait for the actual card to be sent to me before I can phone P&O?
Thanks
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Thanks for the quick reply. I received an email from BLC to say that I'd been accepted. It also said that the digital card would show on the app. But all it says is Card status, card printing.
Thanks
No, it's a generic code, so if you have access to the app or website and look up P&O you'll find it on there.
Ladyshopper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

No, it's a generic code, so if you have access to the app or website and look up P&O you'll find it on there.
Thanks for the help. I'll do that tomorrow.
Old 19 May 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Thanks
You will need your BLC membership number.
I phoned prepared to cancel and lose my deposit but they repriced my booking no problem at all.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
You will need your BLC membership number.
I phoned prepared to cancel and lose my deposit but they repriced my booking no problem at all.
I wasn't asked for it all, just for the code that's on the website. For Celebrity I was asked for my card number, and for Royal Caribbean, but not P&O.
Old 19 May 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for that. Is your membership number your account number that you get when you sign up, or is it a different number on the card?
Old 19 May 21, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

My DH’s begins BLC then some numbers.
So It might depend on who you get on the phone whether you need the number.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List