Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 May 21, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

DVC Rental

Hi

We are planning our trip for July 2022 and would like to try renting points to stay in one of the DVC resorts. Our previous stays have all been booked through Disney so this will be new to us.

We would like to rent enough points for an 8 night stay in a BWV studio at the end of July. If you could help out with a couple of questions I have I would be really grateful

When would be a good time to enquire about renting points for July 2022?

Am I correct in thinking that DVC Rooms have a different cleaning schedule to hotel rooms e.g not daily?

Do DVC booking incur resort car parking charges like hotel rooms?

I am really sorry if these are silly questions that you have all answered a million times before, I have tried to research as much as I can and all I’ve managed to do is confuse myself even more Thank you
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Point DVC members can book at 11 months so that would be the best time to arrange.
In Reg to cleaning you get a bin empty and towel refresh after 3 nights and a full clean at 7 if I recall right tbh we just keep the room clean so don’t notice until we seen the towels.
Parking is free for DVC
Old 18 May 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Get your request in around July time, so the owner (either on here or though an intermediary) can be ready to book for you at the 11th month marker.

This means if you want 20th July 2022 for example, the owner would be able to book from 1pm on 20th August 2021. Other owners who don't own at that resort can only book at the 7 month window.

The cleaning schedule is different, they will clean on day 4 and day 8 (if you are there for 7 days then you'll get one clean).

Major bonus of staying on points is no parking fee at the resort (or at the parks)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gabsnoot View Post
When would be a good time to enquire about renting points for July 2022?
The room would be available to a BWV owner at 11 months prior to check in so you could start your search for someone with points in the next few weeks if you like.

Am I correct in thinking that DVC Rooms have a different cleaning schedule to hotel rooms e.g not daily?
You get trash removal/room check every day and a full clean on day four on an eight night stay.

Do DVC booking incur resort car parking charges like hotel rooms?
No parking is free on a DVC points stay.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Thank you so much to you all for the really prompt replies. I have a clearer idea of what I need to do now.

The news about the parking charges is great 👍

I don’t mind if the room isn’t cleaned as regularly as the hotel rooms, I try to make sure the room is kept clean and tidy anyway as there are 4 of us so it’s a tight enough squeeze without any added clutter.

Thanks 😊
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

We are booked at BWV for Feb. I booked trough Dave's DVC simple process and it linked to MDE straight away.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
We are booked at BWV for Feb. I booked trough Dave's DVC simple process and it linked to MDE straight away.
It’s really good to hear this from someone with first hand experience, I’m not sure if we will be so lucking for July though, I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

I’d never really considered renting DVC before but with the removal of the free dining it makes sense, also the wee extra facilities in the room will come in handy.

Have you stayed at the BW before? It’s a great location, I really hope we can book it.

Do you mind me asking how long before the 11 month window you submitted your enquiry?
Old 19 May 21, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

We haven't stayed there before our first choice was beach club but that wasn't available so went for boardwalk. We booked just after 11 months as I wanted to sort flights first.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List