Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 May 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

We looked at the Disney offer and decided it wasn't for us plus all the cut backs they've made ( no Disney Express, Dining Plan, free parking ), we've had 3 amazing onsite Disney trips with DDP and we know it wouldn't be the same as before and I think we'd be constantly comparing it to our previous trips. So instead of being down about what we can't change, we are creating a whole new style of holiday.
So I now have a villa booked, car hire sorted and deposits payed for Disney & Universal tickets. We are going to miss the onsite dining ( we'll probably have some snacks & the odd quick service if hungry ) but finding new offsite eateries will be good.

Looking forward to seeing some of the 50th celebrations too .
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Nmjacko74
Having Dinner with Goofy

We have rescheduled ours from this august to next august, didnt want to risk it, so looking forward to it now it cant come round quick enough ☺️
Nmjacko74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I was a little positive for August 2020 and then very positive for October 2020 when we moved our August holiday. I was then quiet positive for August 2021 when this got moved again, which is now cancelled.

We are now planning for 2022 being quiet certain it will definitely possibly maybe go ahead (well actually 100% sure it will).
If 2022 doesnt go ahead due to a Covid 17th wave, then i am just going to give up. I think I will literately just give up and join Greenpeace or climb a tree to live in.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
When our 2020 holiday was booked we was 100% sure our 2021 holiday would go ahead 😣
We have now booked 2022 and again we are 100% confident it will go ahead but to be honest with everything thats happened I will not be surprised if something untoward happens 😪😪
But I am sticking with 100% confidence 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Sounds like my story...
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
We looked at the Disney offer and decided it wasn't for us plus all the cut backs they've made ( no Disney Express, Dining Plan, free parking ), we've had 3 amazing onsite Disney trips with DDP and we know it wouldn't be the same as before and I think we'd be constantly comparing it to our previous trips. So instead of being down about what we can't change, we are creating a whole new style of holiday.
So I now have a villa booked, car hire sorted and deposits payed for Disney & Universal tickets. We are going to miss the onsite dining ( we'll probably have some snacks & the odd quick service if hungry ) but finding new offsite eateries will be good.

Looking forward to seeing some of the 50th celebrations too .
Its great to read many similar storys... we made a 3 week holiday from our 10 days holiday. Just and only to comfort ourselves. 😅
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

August this year looks like a non-starter. The fascist scientists around the government want to keep us locked down for good.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Im 99.9% confidant, always have that niggling doubt but Im planning like its going ahead. 16 nights 17th august. Fly drive booked to Miami, 2 nights club at HRH booked, 3 nights Pop Century booked, 2 day Disney ticket, 14 day universal 3 park tickets, D.C. non swim ultimates, and 10 days in a Dibb villa booked. Lounge at Heathrow booked (carried over from 2020). Just need to get DD a new passport but waiting till Jan so I can get her an adult one as she will be 16 & then do Estas, and book the first night in Miami for after we land. Also have annual rolling insurance with covid cover so were all good! Only doing a few Disney days as the ultimate tickets are a waste of money for us as we dont go to the Disney water parks and just never make the most of them! Planning on HS & AK, might get a MK ticket or a special event ticket if they are on sale!

Never been so organised 😂

Edited at 12:41 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Pheeeeebs
Dancing with Tink'

We were scheduled for May 2021 but moved it to May 2022 last October.

I'm pretty much certain things will be back to normal at that point. The vaccines are working wonders, Universal and Disney are already removing many restrictions, and there's still another year to go.
Pheeeeebs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

If September counts as summer then count me in 😁

Just booked a stay at the Swan for September 2022. Woo hoo! And yes of course it's going to happen.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just booked May 22 so I am 100% positive
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List