Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Virgin - Glasgow flights resume 4th May

I had been looking on virgin holidays and planned our trip flying out the 27th April from Glasgow to MCO retuning Fri 13th. The flights weren't showing anymore so I sent a WhatsApp to virgin asking when the Glasgow flights would start up again. They just replied and said the 4th of May.

I now have some rearranging to do 🙈

Hopefully this information will help some others looking for Glasgow flights

Marie
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’re hoping to fly on the 7th May 😊
Old 1 Jun 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I also asked if the flight days would stay the same. Flying out Wednesdays and Saturdays, returning Tuesdays and Saturdays.

The just replied to say they won't know until the airline loads the flying schedule.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Will keep an eye out for these when our dates are available.
Old 1 Jun 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Northwich
Dancing with Tink'

The schedules for 2022 are similar to last year for Orlando, just a little earlier than last years as it departs GLA at 1120.

However, it’s showing as A330-200, to which Virgin state that aircraft will be retired by March 2022, so that’s something that will definitely change.
Northwich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northwich View Post
The schedules for 2022 are similar to last year for Orlando, just a little earlier than last years as it departs GLA at 1120.

However, it’s showing as A330-200, to which Virgin state that aircraft will be retired by March 2022, so that’s something that will definitely change.
Do you think it will be the dreamliner planes?
The last few times we went to Florida was with TUI Dreamliner and my dad preferred that plane.
Old 1 Jun 21, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh, this is good news 😊. Thank you.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Northwich
Dancing with Tink'

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
Do you think it will be the dreamliner planes?
The last few times we went to Florida was with TUI Dreamliner and my dad preferred that plane.
I doubt it would be the dreamliner. I highly suspect it will just be the A330-300 as Virgin seem to like keeping the new planes at Heathrow.

But there does seem to be growing rumours that the Orlando runs from all 3 Virgin airports will go over to the A350-1000 in a new ‘leisure configuration’.

It’s a case of wait and see, but 99.9% certain it won’t be the A330-200.
Northwich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Northwich View Post
I doubt it would be the dreamliner. I highly suspect it will just be the A330-300 as Virgin seem to like keeping the new planes at Heathrow.

But there does seem to be growing rumours that the Orlando runs from all 3 Virgin airports will go over to the A350-1000 in a new ‘leisure configuration’.

It’s a case of wait and see, but 99.9% certain it won’t be the A330-200.
They'll likely do similar with one of the A350-1000's that they did with the 747's and use that for the regional airport runs to orlando
Old 1 Jun 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mariesmith View Post
I also asked if the flight days would stay the same. Flying out Wednesdays and Saturdays, returning Tuesdays and Saturdays.

The just replied to say they won't know until the airline loads the flying schedule.
As Northwich points out the GLA outbound leaves at 1120 and I have noticed that the return is scheduled on Tuesdays and Saturdays leaving MCO at 1815 arriving Galsgow 725am next day (using 30 March out 5 April back as that is as far as VS goes at the moment).
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List