Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

CDC approves test sailing for DCL - GREAT NEWS!

Taken from here

Disney Cruise Line has announced two-night simulation test cruises starting June 29 through July 1, sailing out of Port Canaveral with volunteer passengers.
The news comes from Thomas Mazloum, President of Disney Signature Experiences, who stated that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approved their application to conduct the simulation cruises which will test Disney Cruise Line’s newly developed health and safety protocols aboard the Disney Dream.
Message from Thomas Mazloum, President, Disney Signature Experiences:

“I have some great news to share, team.

We received word that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has approved our application to conduct a simulation cruise in advance of resuming normal operations.

This is a critically important milestone for Disney Cruise Line – and I want to thank everyone who has been supporting our return-to-service plans with such dedication and hard work.

We now have the green light to conduct our two-night simulation cruise aboard the Disney Dream from June 29 to July 1, sailing from Port Canaveral. The ship will sail with volunteer passengers and test our newly developed health and safety protocols, which have been meticulously tailored to the current public health environment. All of these protocols are essential to cruising responsibly, and Disney Cruise Line couldn’t be more committed to making vacation dreams come true as it prioritizes the wellbeing of all who step aboard our ships.

Today, as we move closer to restarting our U.S. cruises, I want to spotlight the tremendous resilience and positivity of the team. Your collaboration and continued enthusiasm throughout the pandemic have been nothing short of amazing, as we’ve researched, drafted, revised and refined our comprehensive roadmap for cruising again. It has been no small feat – and I’m extremely proud of everyone.

We will continue to evaluate our health and safety protocols, working closely with the CDC, and make adjustments as we work toward a full resumption of cruising. In the meantime, we can all take pride in the approval of our application with the CDC – a milestone that reflects the incredible talents of our entire team.”

Source.Disney Cruise Line has announced two-night simulation test cruises starting June 29 through July 1, sailing out of Port Canaveral with volunteer passengers.
The news comes from Thomas Mazloum, President of Disney Signature Experiences, who stated that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approved their application to conduct the simulation cruises which will test Disney Cruise Line’s newly developed health and safety protocols aboard the Disney Dream.
Message from Thomas Mazloum, President, Disney Signature Experiences:

“I have some great news to share, team.

We received word that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has approved our application to conduct a simulation cruise in advance of resuming normal operations.

This is a critically important milestone for Disney Cruise Line – and I want to thank everyone who has been supporting our return-to-service plans with such dedication and hard work.

We now have the green light to conduct our two-night simulation cruise aboard the Disney Dream from June 29 to July 1, sailing from Port Canaveral. The ship will sail with volunteer passengers and test our newly developed health and safety protocols, which have been meticulously tailored to the current public health environment. All of these protocols are essential to cruising responsibly, and Disney Cruise Line couldn’t be more committed to making vacation dreams come true as it prioritizes the wellbeing of all who step aboard our ships.

Today, as we move closer to restarting our U.S. cruises, I want to spotlight the tremendous resilience and positivity of the team. Your collaboration and continued enthusiasm throughout the pandemic have been nothing short of amazing, as we’ve researched, drafted, revised and refined our comprehensive roadmap for cruising again. It has been no small feat – and I’m extremely proud of everyone.

We will continue to evaluate our health and safety protocols, working closely with the CDC, and make adjustments as we work toward a full resumption of cruising. In the meantime, we can all take pride in the approval of our application with the CDC – a milestone that reflects the incredible talents of our entire team.”

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

This is wonderful news. I feel like finally things are moving in the right direction. I still have some niggling doubts about my November Panama Canal cruise (due to the fact its 14 days not because I don't think it could happen) but it will be great to see cruises starting again!
Old 2 Jun 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

If they could just set a date for Fantasy then I’m fairly confident we’ll get on our August cruise.

If not and it’s just Dream they get running I’m going to switch to a b2b on that. It goes one day earlier so I’ll just change my refundable hotel and book a night before we fly gone from Miami.

At the moment there are lots of cabins available on both Dream dates we’d want so as long as it’s the same cabin for both we’d be good.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

This is fantastic news. Between this and the staycations, I’m much more hopeful that my April cruise on the Magic will happen. (To be fair, I’ve always thought it probably would, but I knew I’d feel better once US sailings had resumed.) Now we just need to be allowed to fly into Miami by April 🤞
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 21, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
If they could just set a date for Fantasy then I’m fairly confident we’ll get on our August cruise.

If not and it’s just Dream they get running I’m going to switch to a b2b on that. It goes one day earlier so I’ll just change my refundable hotel and book a night before we fly gone from Miami.

At the moment there are lots of cabins available on both Dream dates we’d want so as long as it’s the same cabin for both we’d be good.
My understanding of the requirement for test cruising as its a test cruise for the cruiseline not for the specific ship but I may well be wrong.

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
This is fantastic news. Between this and the staycations, I’m much more hopeful that my April cruise on the Magic will happen. (To be fair, I’ve always thought it probably would, but I knew I’d feel better once US sailings had resumed.) Now we just need to be allowed to fly into Miami by April 🤞
If things go as currently then flights are scheduled to start in July so I would be pretty much certain by next April there will be flights to Miami. That's assuming nothing throws a curve ball but I am not worrying about next year at the moment - enough to worry about this year
Old 2 Jun 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Such good news gives us plenty of hope for next year!
Good luck to everyone cruising this year from the States✨🚢✨

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

This is the best bit of news thus-far for our August 13th three-night Dream cruise... Fingers crossed.

We have an alternate accommodation booked in case it doesn't sail (no risk/refundable deposit if we cancel before the end of July), but since we've never done a cruise, really hoping we get the go-ahead.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
My understanding of the requirement for test cruising as its a test cruise for the cruiseline not for the specific ship but I may well be wrong.

If things go as currently then flights are scheduled to start in July so I would be pretty much certain by next April there will be flights to Miami. That's assuming nothing throws a curve ball but I am not worrying about next year at the moment - enough to worry about this year
I think it’s per ship, that’s what the cdc documents state anyway. Although I watched a briefing from Port Canaveral last week and they’re hopeful that once a few ships have done them they may lift that requirement.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

My understanding is that the test cruises are per ship, but who knows if that will change as things move on, they seem to moving at a pretty rapid rate out there.

We're booked on the Dream in October, fingers crossed for all of us, it's just the 2 of us and we're both fully vaccinated, so we wait and see what the rules say. If we can't go, we'll transfer it to next year.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List