Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 21, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SandE
Being a bit Goofy

Ooooo how exciting 😍💕 me my daughter and parents are staying at Pop century next August for 2 weeks! We've had 2 cancelled so far so really REALLY excited for it! And same as you absolutely love travel days!

Our plan is to arrive at Pop, my mom and daughter will stay at the hotel whilst me and my dad nip to Target and get water and munchies! Then depending on what time our flights will be (2 months and counting till we can book!) If its later we will get some food from Pop or order a disney pizza (yummy) and if its earlier we will head over to disney springs to try Blaze pizza finally! Then get a nice early night before heading to typhoon lagoon the next morning!

Woops sorry I could write about plans forever!

Can't wait to see your planning!
SandE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We stayed at POFQ last time, we landed & drove straight to the resort I think about 5pm, quickly checked in & unpacked, wander around the resort just for familiarisation & then caught the boat to the Springs for a dining reservation We had a quick look around the shops & in bed by 9pm as we had AK rope drop on the cards
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
wheety1621
Excited about Disney

We’ve had two very different travel days on our trips to WDW - the first we did similar to what you’re suggesting, checked in, in our room, ate at resort, walked around resort and then crashed by 10pm. Second trip - we had the same arrival time as our first but we were delayed by about 45 mins leaving and then further delayed landing due to a storm, then we had massive queues at immigration, then my partner got pulled over for further screening meaning we didn’t get to our room till 10:45pm! We quickly ran to the food court before it closed at 11pm and went to bed. We felt disappointed as the 2nd time we’d planned to take the boat to Disney Springs etc so we said next trip (which is now Aug 22) we’ll just go with the flow.

Edited at 07:33 PM.
wheety1621 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Last time I took one of my granddaughters on my own, we stayed at one of the Disney Springs hotels. We quickly got changed, ordered an Uber and were on Flights of Passage (her request) within three hours of landing. Quick meal at AK and back to room for about 9pm.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I admire other’s energy! We have done many trips now and all we have ever managed is to drag 2 miserable tired kids around publix or fall asleep ordering a Denny’s!

Now it’s culvers, grab some milk and orange juice from race trac and bed😂
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandij39
Apprentice Imagineer

We don't usually land until early evening, by the time we've picked up the car and driven to our villa, it's pushing on almost 8pm. We are usually too exhausted to go anywhere, but we pop to the local supermarket to buy some breakfast items/snacks/drinks then onto Mcdonalds for dinner then head back to the villa, unpack then zonk out exhausted by 10pm.. Our bodies still on uk time, so it's the equivalent of being awake almost 24 hours. Don't know how some people have the energy to go to Disney Springs/Parks
Mandij39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by captain-codeye View Post
I admire other’s energy! We have done many trips now and all we have ever managed is to drag 2 miserable tired kids around publix or fall asleep ordering a Denny’s!

Now it’s culvers, grab some milk and orange juice from race trac and bed😂
I think experience tells me that the earlier you get into Bed US time the better the first couple of days of your trip are.
We go from Reception to room, to resort shop for milk (breakfast), then bed.
Old 14 Jun 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CrazyBaby
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Normally for us, the excitement takes over the tiredness. I think it helps that its just myself and DH, plans for next trip is to check in at Universal Endless Summer Dockside and head down to CityWalk for Dinner and maybe even a couple of rides at US but that could be pushing it. But I love a challenge lol!
Old 14 Jun 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

We always stay in a villa and try to get a flight that gets into MCO/Tampa by 6-8pm. Once we've picked up the car stop off at at Supermarket on the way to the villa just for essentials for the morning. First thing to do, have a cup of tea and sit by the pool. Unpack and get ourselves sorted, dinner around the pool, a few wines whilst looking at our tropical landscape, then think about bed. 1st Day big shop then a relaxing villa day of eating and drinking then out to dinner pm. Cant wait.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We pick up the car and stop at Walgreens on the I-Drive for a few essentials (Essentials to my husband is beer ! ) We usually have a meal and a few drinks on the I-Drive. Some time during the flight DD(12) usually convinces me (after a few vodkas and I’m in holiday mode ) to have a quick dip in the hotel pool before we go anywhere .This time we’re planning on Disney Springs as we want to pick up our limited edition magicbands, also got so many places we want to try at the Springs we need to start ASAP 😍

Edited at 02:00 PM.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List