Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
Which date are you on? We're on the 14th.
24th, we following each other onto cruises again?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ladyshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
24th, we following each other onto cruises again?
Lol, sounds like it, but you're following me this time!
Ladyshopper is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 21, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

I had the same choice, have gone with Disney and to be honest I'm really regretting it. Their restrictions on board seem more than the others, fighting for a space to book the show at a 5am online check in certainly isn't going to be fun. Very restricted access to kids club, little to no information being given from Disney themselves. Unfortunately the price of MSC has gone up and availability has dwindled. They have now decided to open the spa for some things which is good but all with mandatory masks and sky high prices.
Like alot of people we're waiting for the 1st couple of cruises to go so we can get proper feedback from passengers but If I could make my choice again it would be MSC.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
The business with booking the shows has all kicked off, hasn’t it? I’m sure there is a mistake somewhere. Hopefully people will send DCL some strongly worded emails and they will sort it. They just need to fix the system so you can only book the show that doesn’t clash with your dinner.

That said, Disney’s IT is always awful. But it will be so worth it when I get back on that beautiful ship.

Oh, and by the way, you can book the show before you check in, apparently. Worth doing that first.

Edited at 07:03 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’ve still got plan D (or is it E)in mind which is a Marella from Newcastle. Cheap and cheerful and no expectations!

I will be cross if we can’t book a show. I haven’t paid in full yet so I’m not sure which date I am allowed to book from. In fact I’m not sure of anything as there is very little information on the website. Katie asked about. Pirate night or a formal night but I can’t see if either of these are happening either?
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’ve still got plan D (or is it E)in mind which is a Marella from Newcastle. Cheap and cheerful and no expectations!

I will be cross if we can’t book a show. I haven’t paid in full yet so I’m not sure which date I am allowed to book from. In fact I’m not sure of anything as there is very little information on the website. Katie asked about. Pirate night or a formal night but I can’t see if either of these are happening either?
You can book paid extras from 75 days if PIF (or if your TA is one of the VIP ones like mine is). These are mostly mixology, alcohol tastings, Palo, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Royal Tea. The last two will probably have gone before first timers get a chance to book, but to be honest on a short cruise with so many restrictions they are not the best use of money or time.

You can book the show from 30 days out, and also check in then and get your PAT. To check in, you apparently need photos of everyone (head and shoulders but you can do on your phone, they need to be recent). Have these ready in advance as apparently the website is picky.

It's also worth checking the rules for vaccinations and PCR tests. Apparently there is a separate website to register your vaccination status. We haven't got there yet!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14

Edited at 08:08 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

75 days for paid extras and then at 30 days check in and book show, kids club slots.

I only know this from groups and not Disney because I don’t think it’s very clear. Or there’s just so much info to take in and I’m barely taking any of it in 🙈
Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I don’t want any paid extras. I would have booked Palo but my 17 year old isn’t allowed so that’s a no go.

I would just like an idea of themed nights. Shoes etc.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I don’t want any paid extras. I would have booked Palo but my 17 year old isn’t allowed so that’s a no go.

I would just like an idea of themed nights. Shoes etc.
No Pirate night, no formal night. One show (Dreams) with several performances. On the four night cruises there is an additional variety type show.

Some sort of Marvel and Frozen activity - details probably won’t be released in advance.

Over 30 characters to meet (socially distanced).

Also probably the usual activities such as quizzes, bingo, drawing classes, family games etc but details tbc - these are usually only announced when you are on the ship.

I’m sure there will be reports back from the test cruises once they happen.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Old 21 Jun 21, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Shows obviously. Not shoes!

I’m quite happy with a book and a coffee from Cove Cafe.

And the girls will love the characters and the pool area.

But I do feel more information should be forthcoming. You are being asked to book solely on the Disney name. And of course. We all have.