Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jun 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
The last two trips we had were exactly these times, last two weeks of July and last two weeks of August.

On the August trip the first week of our holiday was quite busy but the second really went quiet (not as quiet as a previously trip in early September) As some have said US schools often start to go back in August, but that’s only in certain states (I think Florida state is an early returner)

The July trip I was apprehensive as I was expected huge crowds, queues and hot weather... I was pleasantly surprised though. I think the year we went the weather was cooler than the August trip. The crowds were big but not unbearable and we always managed to do what we wanted to do... this was in fast pass times though.

On a cost point, Flights were cheaper for me on the August trip.

So which would I choose? Well I have and I’m going back at the end of August next year. All things considered I feel that my best bet at getting quieter parks, cheaper flights and more time for everything to open.

As a side note on Easter... I have lots of friends in New England and Easter is a very popular time for them to visit Disney, I’ve never been at that time but bet it’s busy.
Thanks for your experience. It's so difficult to choose. I remember our first trip in 1997 with my parents and sister was in Easter and it was crazy busy even then. Pretty fast pass days so the queues were pretty huge.

I think I really want to go as soon as possible but maybe should just wait until October as our "tattie" Holidays are 2 weeks and we could sneak a few extra days before term finishes. Although I remember when we went in 2015 for my sisters wedding and it was way busier than I thought it would be at that time of year.

Decisions decisions!

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

I’ve never been in august so can’t compare, but I work in a school so we usually go at the beginning of Scottish school summer holidays and yeah it’s hot and it rains sometimes but we love it. Usually do indirect with BA Edinburgh-Gatwick-Orlando to make it a bit cheaper as direct flights are extortionate from Scotland in summer holidays.
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

We went late august 2019.

It's hot - obviously - but manageable.

You get the benefit of the parks being decorated for Halloween too at the end of august (!) which is fun!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List