Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jun 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Disney with a baby

Hello everyone!

I have read some posts about travelling and planning disney world with a baby and I would like some advice of those of you with experience!

We had to cancel this year plans and are going next August 2022 which now means that we will travel with a 3 and a half year old and a 6 month old baby!

I have read different things about going to the park early and leaving for naps in the afternoon and time in the pool. Some people say they return in the evening to the parks some don't.

If you have been before with a baby, what would your plans and itinerary look like?

If you have any itinerary on the forum from when you travelled with a baby I would love to see it!

Thank you!
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've done Disney with a 6month old and I've done Disney with a 3 year old.

Both times were exhausting and park days short in duration

I couldn't imagine doing it with one of each age though, that would be hard work
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Thank you for the encouragement haha!
Aurora2018 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

We’ve always been with young kids including a trip with 3 young ones (a 6 month old, 4 year old and an 8 year).

Strangely my main advice is, ignore everyone’s advice and you do what works for you. Some people will tell you they managed multiple full days at parks and it was easy, others like above will say it’s exhausting. Even though you know your kids, in the moment you won’t know how they will react to the time change, the excitement, the heat the lack of routine etc.

Have a high level plan to give you some direction but be prepared for it to change and be flexible to suite the ‘near and now’. If everyone is tired, go back to the hotel or villa. After a rest if everyone is ready for round 2 then do it.

You’ll have a great time.

Ps I get the irony or giving you advice telling you to ignore everyone’s advice.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Aurora2018
Excited about Disney

Thank you! That’s actually really good advice. I guess we won’t do much planning apart from which park each day!
Old 17 Jun 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I agree with itz. Don’t plan, just go with the flow. We have been with a 4 month old and a 3 and a half year old and honestly it was just fine. It’s a different type of holiday but good nonetheless. I would say it was the most chilled and not full on. We did have a villa which helped loads. Just went with the flow.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

I've travelled with a 15 month old, then a 6 month old and a two year old, then a 6 month old, a two year old and a 4 year old; and the key really is that everything around them is so different (heat, schedule, food, stimulation) that you can't really predict how they'll react.

Naps are lovely and nourishing, but don't rely on them, because there's every chance their usual schedule will be off.

Early starts are good, babywearing as much as you can, and take care of your own energy levels too, so you don't end up snapping at each other in the middle of Main Street USA

I basically followed whatever TouringPlans told me to do for the past few trips and that has served me well.
littleacceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

We are a family of 6, my youngest was 8 months when we last went. Great age pre walking so we found it pretty easy. Got to parks for opening and left around 3pm x
Old 18 Jun 21, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Will be following with interest... we went back in 2019 with a 22 month old and will be going again May '21 with a 4 going on 5 year old and a 9 month old baby!

Congratulations by the way!
Old 18 Jun 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

You'll be fine, Disney is the most kid friendly place you can get!

Take a sling with you, carrying a 6 month old in the queues may sound easy but after a few days they get heavy.

Take things as you go, don't expect to do too much and lead with them. Make sure you get a good stroller so they can nap in it. We found a backpack was easier than a baby bag for storing everything in too.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List