Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Jan 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’m certainly not a morning person. The earliest I’ve ever made it to a park was this year going to Hollywood studios for smugglers run and even then I didn’t make it for the start of EMH at 6pm. I think it was about 7:15am. It’s not really my idea of a relaxing holiday having to get up so early and probably get a boarding group but no guarantee unless I frantically try and get on to MDE at exactly 7am after getting into the park. I realise some might say that’s a similar thing to logging on at 60 days to get fastpasses. Having visited a few times😉 I’m now not so diligent!
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by eggsRspecial View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you have to have scanned into the park entrance before being able to book a boarding pass. But the boarding window doesn't start at the same time the park opens. So its a rush to get in through the gates and be ready to hit the Disney Experience App when boarding opens.

So i'll be the only one doing it as the rest of my family will not entertain getting up early for the sake of one ride.
I was discussing with DH what we would have to do to get it and then having to keep flexible for the rest of the day as we won’t know return time in advance.

I was pleased he said let’s not bother this time, I was never bothered but I thought he would want to do it. So problem solved for us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

They announced yesterday that they're making changes although were pretty ambiguous about what they'll actually be. One article I read via the Dis suggested that the 2 hour window to board could go down to a 1 hour window, which would make it next to impossible to leave the park.

We didn't bother last month, we were there for opening and I'm sorry but being in a crowd at 4am to go on a ride just isn't my idea of fun, will wait and see if anything's changed by our next trip but at the moment, i'm happy to wait until the madness calms a little!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you have to have scanned into the park entrance before being able to book a boarding pass. But the boarding window doesn't start at the same time the park opens. So its a rush to get in through the gates and be ready to hit the Disney Experience App when boarding opens.

So i'll be the only one doing it as the rest of my family will not entertain getting up early for the sake of one ride.
I could be wrong but thought I’d heard all riders have to be scanned into park if they want to ride?
Sorry! I’ve re read post - you’re a solo rider

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023

Edited at 12:20 PM.
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Going off how Smugglers Run changes to a FP system soon does anyone know if ROTR will do the same by August? Has there been any rumours about getting rid of the boarding system?
No one heard any rumours about Smugglers Run changing to the FP system until the day it happened.

I suspect we won't know about ROTR getting rid of the boarding pass system until either Disney announces it or the day it actually happens.

As for when... well it took about 5 months after Smugglers Run opened before we found out that it was going to change to the fastpass system. It might take at least another 4 months before we hear anything about ROTR changing to remove boarding groups and/or go on the fastpass system.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 01:09 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
They announced yesterday that they're making changes although were pretty ambiguous about what they'll actually be. One article I read via the Dis suggested that the 2 hour window to board could go down to a 1 hour window, which would make it next to impossible to leave the park.
Apparently, the early boarding groups will get a 1 hour window whilst the later boarding groups will get a 2 hour window. Given that you won't know which boarding group you'll be in until you apply to join one, then it means you don't know beforehand whether you'll get either a 1 hour window or a 2 hour window.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
be1985
Trying for More Ears

Where are announcements generally posted first for when FP changes are made and rides announced?
be1985 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by be1985 View Post
Where are announcements generally posted first for when FP changes are made and rides announced?
Official announcements will probably appear on Disney's official blog. For example, here was the announcement that Smugglers Run would be getting fastpasses:

disneyparks.disney.go/bl...-world-resort/

However, you'll probably hear about it unofficially on other Disney news websites and forums (like the DIBB!) slightly in advance of Disney announcing it. Especially as these things tend to change on the fly.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~