Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Feb 20, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lorbs
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just done it okay with Alamo through AutoEurope
Lorbs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I booked our car hire with Alamo brits about 2 weeks ago. No matter how many times I tried I couldn't do online check in which I've done many times before.

I looked at prices through other brokers and Andy at DFCH was only £20 more but with tank of fuel so I decided to look at cancelling the booking but thought I'd just modify at first to check the price. The cost was £90 less than I paid so I decided to cancel and re-book with Alamo Brits.

I then tried OLCI with the new booking reference and it worked with no issues.

Very confusing and random.

Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Jill
I think that is the big issue right now i.e. Pot luck if you can check in
Do skip the line etc
Our friends arrived earlier now at their villa had the spouse domestic partner is actomatically covered so she went to get car fine got to the barrier with her husbands lincence ( he was loading the sun pass with the car details just beyond the barrier to get a signal ) wouldn't accept
His lincence as he wasn't physically there walked back fine and told we can't include anybody if they are not physically presant and if you are in an accident if not named on the final print out at barrier you may be considered uninsured by an Alamo supervisor he did say the last 2weeks have been a nightmare but his advice all drivers must be named on the document you receive at the barrier in the garage
They are in a box on the back headed additional driver
If your name is not there don't drive
Hope this helps
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kingstefan21
Excited about Disney

kingstefan21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
been re-pricing our trip end of feb and prices have went up - looks like cancelling/rebooking isnt an option so il have to go to counter upon arrival which will be a first. i hope its not £60 worth of hassle i saved when i rebooked last time to cause this
Homewood Suites 2020
kingstefan21 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Jill
I think that is the big issue right now i.e. Pot luck if you can check in
Do skip the line etc
Our friends arrived earlier now at their villa had the spouse domestic partner is actomatically covered so she went to get car fine got to the barrier with her husbands lincence ( he was loading the sun pass with the car details just beyond the barrier to get a signal ) wouldn't accept
His lincence as he wasn't physically there walked back fine and told we can't include anybody if they are not physically presant and if you are in an accident if not named on the final print out at barrier you may be considered uninsured by an Alamo supervisor he did say the last 2weeks have been a nightmare but his advice all drivers must be named on the document you receive at the barrier in the garage
They are in a box on the back headed additional driver
If your name is not there don't drive
Hope this helps
Hi
Did Alamo add the spouse to the agreement with no charge?
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes they did
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Yes they did
Hi
Good info, looks like Alamo have I indeed changed the policy on Spouce/DP as authorised drivers.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List