Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jan 20, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

Fast Pass Selection Plans

Hi All,

It's 60 days for me, was wondering what you thought of this as a proposed FP plan for 2 adults + 2 girls, 10 and 4? Plan would be to use these early and hope for more on the day.

Sunday 29 Hollywood Slinky, Toy Story Mania, Rock n’ Rollercoaster
Monday 30 Animal Navi River Journey, Kilimanjaro, Kali River Rapids
Tues 31 Epcot Test Track, Living with the land, Spaceship Earth

Wed 1 - - - - - - - *Rest Day*

Thurs 2 Epcot Frozen Ever After, Mission Space, Turtle Talk
Fri 3 MK Enchanted tales, Under the Sea, Barnstormer
Sat 4 MK Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Pirates Caribbean

Sun 5 - - - - - - - *Rest Day*

Mon 6 Hollywood Smugglers Run, Star Tours, Alien saucers
Tues 7 Magic Kingdom Seven Dwarves, Space Mountain, Peter Pan

Wed 8 - - - - - - - *Rest Day*

Thurs 9 Animal Kingdom Flight Of Passage, dinosaur, Primeval whirl
Fri 10 Epcot Soarin’ Seas with Nemo, Mission Space

As ever, any thoughts or feedback would be most welcome.

Edited at 03:25 AM.
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I think you might find you don’t need that many rest days, I’d be tempted to book some FPs on those days so if you do find you are happy to pop in, even for a couple of hours you have something booked.

I would rethink the choices on Fri 3rd, I don’t think a FP is needed for Under the Sea, we have always found it to be a walk on and we have a very low tolerance for waiting and rarely do stand by lines. Barnstormer FP is easily picked up on the day, I don’t know what Enchanted Tales is so no comment on that. I would not use a pre bookable fastpass on Pirates of the Caribbean as we have usually found that readily available on the day.

You would be better off using MK fastpasses on the rides that are hard to get on the day, even if you are repeating ones you have pre booked on another day. I always use my pre bookable MK fast passes on the mountains, 7DMT, Peter Pan and possibly Haunted Mansion. I will have two or three mountains /7DMT fastpasses booked ahead of any trip.

Edited at 07:34 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would book FP for your rest days in case you change your mind. We tend to do half days in the parks rather than full days and rest days.
Also, I would FP the big rides every day you’re at a park as the smaller rides can usually be done with minimal wait or by getting FP once you’ve used the first 3. This is particularly the case at MK. You’ll get Under the Sea and Barnstormer on the day no problem for example.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
You absolutely don't need FPs for Turtle Talk & Barnstormer. Mission Space is a killer on the fast one (not for kids?) but incredibly boring on the slow one, so I'd lose that...

Also swap Primeval Whirl for Expedition Everest.

Edited at 09:39 AM.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
You absolutely don't need FPs for Turtle Talk & Barnstormer. Mission Space is a killer on the fast one (not for kids?) but incredibly boring on the slow one, so I'd lose that...

Good point on Everest, I hadn’t spotted that. Everest is a must for us every AK day. I would swap for Dinosaur though, it was incredibly uncomfortable last time we went in it, we have vowed that was the last ever time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I would book fastpasses even on your planned rest days, even if you don't plan to use them.

Plans can change. You may decide to briefly visit a park on one of your rest days. In which case, you'll have fastpasses booked. If you decide not to visit a park then you can always cancel the fastpasses either the night before or in the morning of that day. Even if you forget to cancel them, there's no penalty.

Otherwise, if those are the rides you want to do and are happy with your choices then it's a good list.

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
Personally I wouldn't because I prefer Primeval Whirl to Everest.

I suppose it depends on whether the 4 and 10 year old will like Everest or not - although considering the OP has booked Rock'n'Rollercoaster then I assume they are fine with thrilling coasters. Everest does get longer standby waits so it does make sense to book Everest purely based on wait times. Also Primeval Whirl is only open seasonally.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
PortoBoy
Trying for More Ears

Thanks so much for all the feedback, got it all sorted within 45 mins. Really appreciate the help!
PortoBoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Good point on Everest, I hadn’t spotted that. Everest is a must for us every AK day. I would swap for Dinosaur though, it was incredibly uncomfortable last time we went in it, we have vowed that was the last ever time.
Yes, I quite agree! I was thinking that Dinosaur needs FP more than Primeval Whirl but you are totally right - I'm never doing Dinosaur again!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List