Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jan 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Star Wars gift cards

Hi all!

We fly out the month after my DS birthday. His gran was hoping to get him the droid workshop for his birthday (I know I need a FP) but I wondered if anyone knows if the Star Wars gift cards are available in the UK?

The gift cards for GE look very cool and would make a great birthday present!
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

I don’t know the answer to your question , but what about getting someone to try and bring you one back ? Looking at your countdown I assume you don’t need it for a while?
I understand you may want to choose yourself though
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So the GE ones are only available at the park in GE (the metal ones I'm assuming you are referring to)? They have to have at least a $100 value and have to be purchased with a credit card. You can't use another gift card to pay for them so I guess the option would be to do an IOU type thing and sort the physical card once over there? Or as said if you can find some kind soul who would buy one for you but obviously they aren't cheap.

Another option would be to purchase an empty one off ebay and then top up when over there or even just pretend it has the money on to cover it but really you pay? I think they are around £20 on ebay

Edited at 08:56 AM.
gismo1554 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Hi unless its changed it is $100 loaded onto the gift card
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
So the GE ones are only available at the park in GE (the metal ones I'm assuming you are referring to)? They have to have at least a $200 value and have to be purchased with a credit card. You can't use another gift card to pay for them so I guess the option would be to do an IOU type thing and sort the physical card once over there? Or as said if you can find some kind soul who would buy one for you but obviously they aren't cheap.

Another option would be to purchase an empty one off ebay and then top up when over there or even just pretend it has the money on to cover it but really you pay? I think they are around £20 on ebay
Yes, sorry the metal ones.

Think it’s a bit much to ask someone to bring me one back however if someone had a used one they didn’t want/need that would be great!

Otherwise I think it will need to be eBay!
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Louck View Post
Yes, sorry the metal ones.

Think it’s a bit much to ask someone to bring me one back however if someone had a used one they didn’t want/need that would be great!

Otherwise I think it will need to be eBay!
And other poster actually is right (I've updated my post) its $100 minimum activation but its still a lot as you said