Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jan 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Thank you - seems a bit much having both at same time, but will use to our advantage if we can.

I think they are totally different experiences to be honest. And they are optional, so you don't need to do them both.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think they are totally different experiences to be honest. And they are optional, so you don't need to do them both.
Oh yes - I just meant for those not wanting to do special events!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've done DAH twice and it's a great experience - almost no queues for anything!

From my notes, this is what I did during Disney After Hours (8-11pm) in Feb 2018:

8pm: watched fireworks until around 8.15pm
BTM - literally walked right on
BTM again - at the end of this ride we were told by CMs that if we wanted to ride again, we could just stay put (provided no one was waiting for the row).
Splash mountain
BTM again
Pirates - another literal walk on
Jungle cruise
Flying carpets
Met Tinkerbell - only one family ahead of me in the queue
Met Mickey - absolutely no one ahead of me in the queue
Teacups
Dumbo - again they were letting people stay on the ride if you wanted to.
Met Ariel
Under the sea
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Met Elena and Cinderella
7DMT

So in the space of 2 hours and 45 minutes that was 12 rides and 4 meet and greets...
Old 29 Jan 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
I've done DAH twice and it's a great experience - almost no queues for anything!

From my notes, this is what I did during Disney After Hours (8-11pm) in Feb 2018:

8pm: watched fireworks until around 8.15pm
BTM - literally walked right on
BTM again - at the end of this ride we were told by CMs that if we wanted to ride again, we could just stay put (provided no one was waiting for the row).
Splash mountain
BTM again
Pirates - another literal walk on
Jungle cruise
Flying carpets
Met Tinkerbell - only one family ahead of me in the queue
Met Mickey - absolutely no one ahead of me in the queue
Teacups
Dumbo - again they were letting people stay on the ride if you wanted to.
Met Ariel
Under the sea
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
Met Elena and Cinderella
7DMT

So in the space of 2 hours and 45 minutes that was 12 rides and 4 meet and greets...
Nice that they let you stay put, I have been to three AH events and have always been made to walk around again, even when there was nobody there.
Old 30 Jan 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Just jumping on the post 🙊 can anyone that has done the after hours tell me how close to your trip did the dates come out for the after hours?
We booked Animal Kingdom in November last year for May, so about 6 months out. They do seem to announce them in blocks, rather than rolling month on month, as we were watching for it. I can't comment on any extra dates though.

We've got both Animal Kingdom and Villains booked for May, can't wait!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We went to the villains after hours at magic kingdom at the end of June last year. We booked the tickets the day before we went as we were worried about rain but the forecast was good. We didn’t have any other tickets so this was a perfect way to get our Disney fix. All rides were walk on except 7 dwarfs mine train. We got to see the regular fireworks first as we were in at 7pm, then got to see the special event shows.
It was so much better walking round at night time as it was cooler. We walked on Peter Pan twice and had numerous goes on buzz light year. Glad to read they are still on during MNSSHP as I don’t really fancy the crowds at this and it would be a better option for us in October.
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FeFe View Post
We went to the villains after hours at magic kingdom at the end of June last year. We booked the tickets the day before we went as we were worried about rain but the forecast was good. We didn’t have any other tickets so this was a perfect way to get our Disney fix. All rides were walk on except 7 dwarfs mine train. We got to see the regular fireworks first as we were in at 7pm, then got to see the special event shows.
It was so much better walking round at night time as it was cooler. We walked on Peter Pan twice and had numerous goes on buzz light year. Glad to read they are still on during MNSSHP as I don’t really fancy the crowds at this and it would be a better option for us in October.
I don’t think the Villains one will be on, but the regular one will be.

What is the Villain’s theming like? I am doing that in April but only dine the regular one before.
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

I don't recall much villains theme / decorations really- some merch and food, a different show and they unleashed the dragon...Space Mountain had a theme (I think it was just in the dark...not sure as it broke down!) and POC was themed (live actors) - meaning those two rides had a bit of a queue (10 mins).

This was our only Disney day, so was about the rides for us, where as when we did MNSSHP we had park tickets, so too more in (and was lot more to take in).
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t think the Villains one will be on, but the regular one will be.

What is the Villain’s theming like? I am doing that in April but only dine the regular one before.

All Ears have a great video review of that, we watched it before booking ours.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
charandcubby
slightly serious Dibber

We went to after hours week before last at magic kingdom, we went on a Friday night and the after hours started at 9pm; however at 9pm the park was still very busy with crowds (it was the Friday before Martin Luther king day), btm still had a queue of 45 mins at 9pm with people getting in the queue just before park closing time; at around 9.45pm though it did clear out, everything walk on, seven dwarfs 5-10 mins wait etc so we got lots done; initially at 9pm it did feel a bit stressful that the park hadn’t cleared out much. We had a great time though; we could enter at 7pm, we had dinner, watched happily ever after and then 10-12pm got loads of rides done. Maybe other nights of the week are quieter than Fridays
June/July 2011 TLV, Nov/Dec 2011 LBV
May/June 2001 RPM, Sept 2005 BWL
charandcubby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List