Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 27 Jan 20, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Pepsibubbles
Imagineer

Originally Posted by VicStar View Post
I wondered if the 'free valet parking' meant that you were still charged the overnight parking fee, but then don't have to pay any EXTRA for the valet parking?
Yikes I never thought about that lol
February... 2011/2012/2015... May ... 2013/2014/2015/2016/2017/2018/2019... June ... 2014...August ... 2009/2010/2011/2014/2017... September.. 2002/2003/2005/2013/2014/2015/2016/2018/2019... November ... 2017/2018
Pepsibubbles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I had the same enquiry and almost the same response from disney disability dept. It was so confusing and said to call the hotel front desk to confirm the fee. So I'm still unsure whether we would have to pay for parking at the hotel or not.
For us it makes a massive difference in which hotel we choose if we do or don't take a car, and the additional cost of parking overnight is too much additional for us to pay. If at a resort like cbr we would need one as my husband would need to use his scooter everyday and with buses only having a couple of scooter spaces I worry how long all the journeys would take us.
I posted on the disboards too, and the only responses came back saying that people hadn't been charged and nothing has been said anywhere about disabled parking at resorts now being charged too.
If anyone is able to update with any new info that they have that would be great.
Just wish disney would give people a clear response. 🙄
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
tinky
I have Ears

we will be at WDW in a few days time. i will update this post when we are back in the uk
tinky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
phi2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks tinky, that would be great. 🙂 👍
phi2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tinky
I have Ears

Arrived home last night and can confirm we were not charged to park at port Orleans, but did have to tell them at check in, to make sure they removed the parking, they never asked for a registration or asked to see any documents, although they could have checked after to make sure we were parked in a disabled space with a florida hang tag.
tinky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 20, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinky View Post
Arrived home last night and can confirm we were not charged to park at port Orleans, but did have to tell them at check in, to make sure they removed the parking, they never asked for a registration or asked to see any documents, although they could have checked after to make sure we were parked in a disabled space with a florida hang tag.
That's great Tinky thank you, weight off our shoulders for the extra cost in May. Hope you had a wonderful trip x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeH23
Very Serious Dibber

MikeH23's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by tinky View Post
Thanks for the update Tinky that’s good to hear. We are planning our next trip for Oct 21so hopefully it’s still the same then.
MikeH23 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just come along to check this as it makes a difference as to whether we hire a car or not for the week that we’re on site. We’ve already hired for the second, off site week and we are going to get an uber to the Disney hotel and just use buses for the first week. But if we don’t need to pay for parking we’d hire a car instead of getting an uber.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneypb
New Poster (5)

Mobile

Sorry but can you tell me where you got temp Florida parking permit from ?
As I got told that can only get in person which just isn’t ideal on holiday
Disneypb is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneypb View Post
Sorry but can you tell me where you got temp Florida parking permit from ?
As I got told that can only get in person which just isn’t ideal on holiday
There's an email you can send to - https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...rmit&p age=22

post 169 I believe still works fine and they post it before you travel. I believe mine last time (last May) took around a week to arrive)