Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 21 Jan 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re planning our first trip too and it can all be a bit overwhelming. Basically plan what you feel comfortable with. We’ve planned our Disney park days and booked fastpasses and one park ADR but we also are doing Universal for 4 days and have nothing booked/planned then apart from a rough idea of what park. I now have a spreadsheet like yours, but only because I’ve now done a lot of research, we go in 18 days and I really needed to concentrate my rambling scribbles and thoughts! I couldn’t have faced doing that much earlier than now!
My spreadsheet has the parks and rest days marked on it along with any ADRs or specific food plans (such as Festival of the Arts). Then I have a list of restaurants we might visit, colour coded for cheap, medium priced and expensive. We’ll then just pick from the list each day depending on where we are, what we fancy, special offers etc. One thing I realised is that we generally are not going to go back to the apartment, get changed then go out for dinner like we would on other holidays. Mostly we are either eating in parks, stopping at one of the offsite restaurants on the way back to the apartment or ordering a delivery. This helps cut down on clothes too!
Hope that helps
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi, I've had a look at your plan and it's a good start!
I love planning, so here's what I would do based on my family of 3 teens:

Sun 3rd While you could do MK, I would stay closer and as you'll be up early, goto US/IOA until around 3pm, hotel pool and dinner on IDrive.

Mon 4th HS early (May the Fourth... ) eat in HS (not Epcot) Woodys lunchbox or in Galaxys Edge.

Tues 5th VB early entry (BIG perk for onsite stays, as you'll get loads done b4 the crowds arrive) Leave IHOP for another day.

Wed 6th Epcot stay all day, plenty of good QS places to try/Flower and Garden snacks or book ADR at Beach Club for the kitchen sink.

Thurs 7th MK (not Epcot, as it's EMH)

Fri 8th US/IOA and shopping

Sat 9th am ? pm old town

Sun 10th AK , as it's Mothers Day it may be nice to book an ADR either in the park or catch the bus to AKL at one of their restuarants and a look around.

Mon 11th am TL catch bus to CBR, then skyliner to HS for evening and fireworks or
catch bus to any monorail resorts for evening and fireworks at MK.

Tues 12th Disney Springs for shopping and lunch, then bus to parks (after 4pm) for
evening.

Wed 13th either Epcot/HS/waterpark/universal

Thurs 14th either MK/HS/waterpark/universal

Fri 15th AK (try to get FOP FP's)

My kids love shopping in Walmart and Target. Disney Springs has Sephora and Uniqlo. Florida Mall has Hot Topic. Mall of Millenia has Bath and Body Works and the Cheesecake Factory and the Orlando Premium Outlets - both ends of I Drive are definately worth a visit to each.

Hope this helps.
Have a Magical trip.

Thurs 7th
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Owens3116
Trading Disney Pins

HI

Can you have a look at my plan again? I've tweeked it a bit, of course this all depends on what FP I can get.

I may just book my FP then wing everything else

Hubby has now hired a car! we know we have to pay parking, but he still wanted car for more flexibility. (hes obsessed about not eating his evening meal in disney )
Owens3116 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m not sure how to view your plan as I’m on a mobile. Hoping someone else can tell me.

Also my hubby hates eating in parks too. He had a corndog and snacks while we were there and we then went to offsite restaurants. It worked for us as that’s what he wanted to do.
I ended up driving tho so hubby could have a beer and I don’t really drink.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Never mind I figured it out 💡
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Driving from universal to Disney will be about 20-25 with good traffic btw

My first thought was they your doing magic kingdom on day one. For my family we don’t do anything that day as we are too shattered and getting our bearings. We would not he able to do the fireworks without a mid day nap.
The other thing for that day is that your starting in the afternoon.
Mk needs at least a full day. Two or more ideally.

Your days are good for things tho. All low to medium busy.

Being offsite I always rank my fastpasses so that I always try to get the ones we most want as there is some like FOP that you just might not get.

Edited at 03:21 PM.