Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Mar 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Back up plans if you can’t go to Asia?

Just a question to everyone who is going to Japan or Asia in the next few months, I’m trying not to lose hope but if we do have to cancel or we get all our flights cancelled what are you all going to do? What’s everyone’s plans, are you going to look elsewhere or just not go or rebook for later on in the year?

We were talking last night and we will still go as long as we are ‘allowed’ to go and if everything is back open, but if BA cancel out Japan flight (we have already had our HK flight cancelled) we decided we would try to get to Florida, but I just have this pessimistic feeling we won’t be going anywhere really.

I would be interested in everyone’s plans and thoughts. Let’s just hope all this will be over soon.
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gunna
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked to go to China in October which I know is a way off and there are lots of people on here who are due to travel a lot sooner to various locations. A friend of mine has already cancelled her China trip in April.

I have spoken to both Virgin who we fly with and Odynovo who are doing our tour. Virgin have advised we can currently change our flights or cancel for a fee but I presume this will be different if the situation continues and the FCO advise against going. Odynovo have advised we can cancel and receive our deposit back, delay to another time or move to another tour elsewhere. We have held of booking anything else such as tickets, car parks and our Hong Kong hotel and will hold off and see what happens as we don’t need to get our visas until August.

I appreciate we are in a different position to a lot of others and I feel for those who are due to travel over the next few months. I have decided not to change anything only because if the situation is still ongoing it may impact other countries and travel to them so felt, for us, it was best to sit tight and wait. For all concerned and those effected I sincerely hope this improves over the coming weeks.

Neil

Life's not meant to be lived in one place

The One Stop Trip Spot - all my trip reports all in one place
Gunna is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

We were meant to be going next Monday ☹! 3 weeks in China starting in HK.

So instead next week we are decorating my dd's bedroom 😏! Then we have 2 weeks at the end of April (thanks to work letting us reschedule!&#128077 and we are now going to Seattle, Calgary and on an Alaska Cruise!

We might try and re-book for next year? Still quite gutted to be honest as I was so looking forward to it! But people are worse off then us and I feel for everyone effected.
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Due to go to Bangkok and a few other places in Thailand in a few weeks time- I’m going n holiday somewhere- America, Caribbean - anywhere
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
We are booked to go to China in October which I know is a way off and there are lots of people on here who are due to travel a lot sooner to various locations. A friend of mine has already cancelled her China trip in April.

I have spoken to both Virgin who we fly with and Odynovo who are doing our tour. Virgin have advised we can currently change our flights or cancel for a fee but I presume this will be different if the situation continues and the FCO advise against going. Odynovo have advised we can cancel and receive our deposit back, delay to another time or move to another tour elsewhere. We have held of booking anything else such as tickets, car parks and our Hong Kong hotel and will hold off and see what happens as we don’t need to get our visas until August.

I appreciate we are in a different position to a lot of others and I feel for those who are due to travel over the next few months. I have decided not to change anything only because if the situation is still ongoing it may impact other countries and travel to them so felt, for us, it was best to sit tight and wait. For all concerned and those effected I sincerely hope this improves over the coming weeks.
I really hope you get to go

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
We were meant to be going next Monday ☹! 3 weeks in China starting in HK.

So instead next week we are decorating my dd's bedroom 😏! Then we have 2 weeks at the end of April (thanks to work letting us reschedule!&#128077 and we are now going to Seattle, Calgary and on an Alaska Cruise!

We might try and re-book for next year? Still quite gutted to be honest as I was so looking forward to it! But people are worse off then us and I feel for everyone effected.
I’m sad for you that you have to cancel but the trip you have now planned sounds amazing! I would love a cruise in Alaska! Enjoy

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Due to go to Bangkok and a few other places in Thailand in a few weeks time- I’m going n holiday somewhere- America, Caribbean - anywhere
I hope you get to go, Bangkok is amazing!
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I had this talk with DS. We don’t go till August, but as there is so much uncertainty, I’m preparing for all eventualities We will be going to the Hardrock hotel in Riviera Maya Mexico, if we cannot go to Japan. DS is gutted at the thought, but I AM going somewhere.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Good luck to everyone. It’s hard to look forward to something when it’s so out of your control.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

No we don’t have any back up plans. I am just going to wait and see as it’s all out of my hands anyway. I don’t see the point in looking elsewhere just now as flight restrictions etc. could happen anywhere including Florida.

If it turns out we can’t go to Japan in May we will just delay the holiday until we can.

I am hoping all the frenzied doomsday reporting reaches its peak soon and everything goes back to some sort of normality. Its either that or about 80% of us will catch the virus and be too ill to holiday anyway. Take your pick!

Edited at 09:31 PM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
TeFiti
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
No we don’t have any back up plans. I am just going to wait and see as it’s all out of my hands anyway. I don’t see the point in looking elsewhere just now as flight restrictions etc. could happen anywhere including Florida.

Same here, we have been planning for Japan in May, if we can't go then we will just rebook for May next year, and cancel our annual leave. We don't have anything else booked for the rest of the year either, so will wait and see what happens first as everything is just so uncertain.
TeFiti is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 20, 02:09 AM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing the opposite. We are looking for cheap cancellations for the summer. We have annual travel insurance if the advice changes.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List