Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jun 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Allyfe View Post
I don't fully understand what they have done to the park reservation system (because I haven't seen it properly explained somewhere - not looking in the right places). But have I understood correctly that you must book the park you are going to per-day (I.e. not more than one a day?), I also don't understand if there are any benefits to booking an onsite hotel - if there are no fast passes, and no dining, and it is full rack rate, surely that is crazy? Would there not normally be some offer or other? I may be wrong, but in covid free times would there not almost always be some sort of offer?

I can't decide if the risk is they will get full (based on so many people moving from 2020 to 2021; and possibly a reduced capacity), or if there is the chance is that come Sept/Oct they will have some 2021 offers. Having said that, I can imagine they are sure they can fill their 50th anniversary post sept period; there is a real risk the winter may see a second spike; so they are sticking with ultra conservative for summer to see whole will pay full rack rate.

I know I won't (let myself) book until flights are released, so will just keep myself busy obsessing until then!
It’s true, currently there is no advantage to booking a Disney hotel over any other. Except maybe location for some resorts. If that’s still the case next year we’ll most likely switch our booking to ticket only.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
It’s true, currently there is no advantage to booking a Disney hotel over any other. Except maybe location for some resorts. If that’s still the case next year we’ll most likely switch our booking to ticket only.
There is an advantage to people who can't drive - not paying for ubers to the parks.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
There is an advantage to people who can't drive - not paying for ubers to the parks.
Agree with this, we arent doing the parks but looking at a few nights in a value for the days we want to do Disney Springs and make a few ADRs at the hotels as its cheaper than getting ubers from Universal plus Magical Express to the airport

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
PrincessN you can be within walking distance to DS & be a lot closer than any of the Values in fact you could choose any of the Hotels at the Crossroads/LBV & still be closer than any of the Values!
IMO whilst any restrictions are in place, there will be no offers,they would give themselves a logistical nightmare not to mention the PR one when Guests start complaining that there are no Park reservations available! I can also see a "tweak" coming because it's open to "abuse", if you can book 14 days then guests will book those 14 days then amend at the latest possible time but potential guests are going to look & think "well there's nothing available, why bother? "
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I was so set on Disney 2021. We were hoping to do AKL with free DDP, or if not, then CSR or CBR with free dining and an upgrade to DDP.

I have been waiting very impatiently. My husband thinks that everything will still be crazy next year, but was happy for me to book if free dining was announced, and then loose the deposit if the world was still covid-mad.

But, I'm now doubting free dining, and wondering if we should book a budget now (would like All star movies, but only premium rooms ATM), and add DDP. I'm DESPERATE to go to Disney next year.

If we did do that, and free dining was announced, would we be able to change our booking to plan A? I'm guessing that we might need to cancel, loose the deposit, and then book again? We wouldn't go unless it was onsite Disney.

We have only stayed in SSR once before, and I'm a bit worried that ASM would feel much less nice. But in fairness, the rooms we don't mind. We would like a good pool. Any thoughts?
We have booked a value for next July after moving our POFQ booking from this year. We’ve booked POP century preferred room because it’s been newly refurbished and has the skyliner.

If an offer comes out we will upgrade the hotel (which will hopefully save the deposit) but are happy to stay there if no offer comes along. We will add dinning free or paid, maybe on one room as we have two if that is reintroduced.

To stay for 11 nights at pop in a preferred room is £950 cheaper than FQ standard room which we would’ve preferred but will obviously go a long way to pay for food.P if needed. We also managed to keep our gift cards from this years booking so that’ll help too if no offer comes out.

All stars is a good option too and Movies has had a refurb too and looks really nice.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
PrincessN you can be within walking distance to DS & be a lot closer than any of the Values in fact you could choose any of the Hotels at the Crossroads/LBV & still be closer than any of the Values!
IMO whilst any restrictions are in place, there will be no offers,they would give themselves a logistical nightmare not to mention the PR one when Guests start complaining that there are no Park reservations available! I can also see a "tweak" coming because it's open to "abuse", if you can book 14 days then guests will book those 14 days then amend at the latest possible time but potential guests are going to look & think "well there's nothing available, why bother? "
SD
Good point, i have stayed at B resort before and it was easily walkable for Springs, we would like to do a day at Epcot for Flower and Garden but if the reservation system is in place it would be a bit daft to pay for 1 day tickets if we cant get into the park so there isnt really any benefit in staying on site other than Magical Express

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour
2025- Seville

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
We have booked a value for next July after moving our POFQ booking from this year. We’ve booked POP century preferred room because it’s been newly refurbished and has the skyliner.

If an offer comes out we will upgrade the hotel (which will hopefully save the deposit) but are happy to stay there if no offer comes along. We will add dinning free or paid, maybe on one room as we have two if that is reintroduced.

To stay for 11 nights at pop in a preferred room is £950 cheaper than FQ standard room which we would’ve preferred but will obviously go a long way to pay for food.P if needed. We also managed to keep our gift cards from this years booking so that’ll help too if no offer comes out.

All stars is a good option too and Movies has had a refurb too and looks really nice.

Kat
We are considering AoA. I told the kids we would have to do All Stars music because it is £600 cheaper that AoA, but my kids LOVE the theming at AoA. I was thinking that with that and the skyliner it might feel less value (like Pop). We do also love the look of all star movies, but it is only £100 less than AoA. But neither are close to Disney springs so I assume not walkable to off-site dining. At the same time, I am thinking Epcot may have some good choice of counter service, so perhaps we could save a little that way.
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Allyfe
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Allyfe
We seldom eat onsite unless we are in one of the parks, the last 2 trips have tied in with 2 1 week cash FD bookings but really there aren't any Disney owned Restaurants that are on our must visit list! We like Chef Art's & a couple of the counter service locations at Disney Springs, have a Landry's card if we can't think of anywhere. The Crossroads is a short 20-25 min walk from SSR - Manny's, Millers, Steakn Shake, Olive Garden,Chevy's, Perkins, Ihop, Denny, Carrabas, Uno's, Fuddruckers, Kobe, Black Angus... & all of them at least half the price of Disney!
SD
I had no idea there were 'real world' restaurants within walking distance of SSR! We had the bargain of the century when we stayed there in 2018. We loved it!
Allyfe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We are considering AoA. I told the kids we would have to do All Stars music because it is £600 cheaper that AoA, but my kids LOVE the theming at AoA. I was thinking that with that and the skyliner it might feel less value (like Pop). We do also love the look of all star movies, but it is only £100 less than AoA. But neither are close to Disney springs so I assume not walkable to off-site dining. At the same time, I am thinking Epcot may have some good choice of counter service, so perhaps we could save a little that way.
We love Disney Springs and spend loads of time there, so will very much miss the boat from FQ by not staying there. I’m hoping the skyliner will make up for that by having the access to all the fab places to eat at Epcot. Although I’m not sure how that’ll work if they still have the one park per day rule still in place next summer?

I suppose there will still be plenty of busses to DS so will just have to use them instead of the boat. 🙂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 12:07 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
PNicki slightly different but we had been looking at POFQ so that we could use DME from airport, we are ok going back as we are at our DVC, but POFQ for 10 nights was £2500, we considered Vistana -£900 but would need a car for the whole stay but there were plenty of closer Hotels in the £1100-£1500 mark & you can get a lot of taxis/ubers for £1000! IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 07:30 PM.
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List