Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jun 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If you are in MK and want a great meal, walk outside and you can walk to Contemporary in 5 mins. The Wave there is extremely good, and much cheaper than BOG. The Wave blows away any restaurant in the parks.
Old 24 Jun 20, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
If you are in MK and want a great meal, walk outside and you can walk to Contemporary in 5 mins. The Wave there is extremely good, and much cheaper than BOG. The Wave blows away any restaurant in the parks.
You can walk the other way soon, too. GF Cafe is excellent and good value for money.

Disney332
Old 24 Jun 20, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile

We had a reservation for lunch this August (now might going)- with the dining plan. It was in my list of to do’s. No way we can afford it as a TS so it will never happen.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I would love to put a Poll on here asking 2 questions

1. Would you go to BOG on the free DDP and be happy to eat the food

2. Would you go to BOG and pay for the food out of pocket.

I lay odds it will be 99% for No 1 and 90% for No 2

So lunch for a Family of 4 will knock you back with tax and gratuity circa $320.

Dear God that is insane money.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

This was the only Disney resturant we were going to do in May (just gone) but Covid put paid to that, so was determined to book it for next May, won't be now as we wanted the quick serve lunch
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

So lunch for a Family of 4 will knock you back with tax and gratuity circa $320.

1. I would do breakfast and lunch on free DDP. But I would not use DDP credits on the dinner.

2. I would not pay for breakfast at BOG, it is stupidly priced. The lunch used it be a reasonable price but I would not pay the new price if this is true. I think the three course dinner at BOG is reasonably priced, although my own dinner was not that good, but the price wasn’t off putting.

All theoretical though, as DH has decided he does not want to go to BOG again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
You can walk the other way soon, too. GF Cafe is excellent and good value for money.

Disney332
Yes very good point, I’ll be doing that. Particularly if Columbia Harbour House remains shut at Xmas.

Also Contempo Cafe in Contemporary is a step up from usual quick serve.

Most punters in the parks don’t realise how quick you can get to Contemporary and what is in there is a step up, GF will be further but a nice walk.
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

I reckon we should run that poll as a new thread, I think you would be right. Edit- poll up and running.

Edited at 09:20 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I've paid for all three out of pocket and I would only pay for lunch again if it was the original price. There are definitely better options for better value for money.

Second Grand Flo Cafe and The Wave just don't be fooled by the bottomless mimosa brunch at The Wave. It's only two glasses Even just going to any of the QS at the MK resorts and sitting outside with a view of the park is quite nice.

Also, Whispering Canyon Cafe and Trail's End are only a boat ride away from MK and they're nice too and much better value than BOG.
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Also Contempo Cafe in Contemporary is a step up from usual quick serve.

Most punters in the parks don’t realise how quick you can get to Contemporary and what is in there is a step up, GF will be further but a nice walk.
Under the new Park Reservation though, will guests be able to leave to go for a meal at Wave or GF Cafe etc and then get back into the Park?

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List