Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Apr 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
whitey012001
Excited about Disney

12/15 Seater

Hi,

9 of us are going in July 2019. VH are giving us a 15 seat minibus. Has anybody hired one of these? What are they like for parking etc. Just wondering if 2 vehicles would be better, but would have thought that might struggle with 9 bags. 15 seat would have loads of space!

Thanks in advance

Neil

Edited at 02:42 PM.
whitey012001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We hired a 15 seater in October for 11 of us it was a real struggle to fit us and all the luggage plus 2 pushchairs on the way from the airport but we also needed the extra seats as we had two freinds joining us later if that wasn’t the case you can remove the last row of seats(making a 12 seater) and leave the seats at the airport,once we’d dropped our luggage it was a lot easier to manage but by no means perfect,I find it odd that they even advertise the vans as holding 15 passengers and only 2 large cases, parking is no trouble at all as in the USA the spaces seem to be larger anyway,
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyphile
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Ive never driven a 15 seater but going in a big group I would much rather have two cars than one. It may be that some days some of your party choose to do something else or have a lie in. I would have thought that you would have more room for luggage with two seven seaters too.
Disneyphile is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

How did you hire with? We’ve got one booked with Alamo for 8 of us. I didn’t know there was an option to leave the back row of seats.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Alamo through virgin, I would double check but that’s what the porter at the airport told us and in at least half of the vans available the rear seats were loose.i wouldn’t know where you would leave them though and obviously someone would have to be aware that you’d left it(we had done skip the counter so didn’t see anyone)
filharmonic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
whitey012001
Excited about Disney

Cheers all. We did think about 2 vehicles, but I'm the only confident driver. I'm used to driving mini buses and presumed with 6 free seats we'd have stacks of space for 9 bags.
whitey012001 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
filharmonic
Apprentice Imagineer

filharmonic's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by whitey012001 View Post
Cheers all. We did think about 2 vehicles, but I'm the only confident driver. I'm used to driving mini buses and presumed with 6 free seats we'd have stacks of space for 9 bags.
I'm sure you'll be ok it's only too and from the airport where its going to be a bit tight for room anyway
Old 1 Apr 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Hired before if you get 12 seater all luggage goes in back doors but a rare beast now.
Most likely a 15 seater plenty of room for your groups bags.
It will be a Chevy or a Ford so basically a trannie mini bus easy enough to drive park etc especially as you have driven one before.
They are uninspiring but functional.
2 cars are possibly a better option for 2 families if tempers get frayed.
Enjoy whatever you choose.