Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 18, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Plans changed May or Sept

So I have POFQ booked for early Sept 2019 for 14 nights, We usually go end of April/May and love this time of year, Although we have noticed the parks getting a little busier.
Next year had a commitment which meant we could not travel Apr/May so we opted for Sept although we have never been early Sept and lots of people reassured us it was a great time to go. So we booked.

But now our commitments end of Apr/May have changed and we are free now to travel them dates.
So now I cant decide weather to call Disney and change to Apr/May or stick with Sept 19.

If you could chose which one would you chose. I keep thinking Apr/May as I wont have so long to wait lol But I just cant decide.

Have we any for and against. Many thanks
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d go for May personally, we went last year for our first visit and absolutely loved it. The weather was perfect and only rained a couple of times plus the crowds were really manageable. It sounds silly but I’m a massive worrier (I blame my anxiety) and I know you can get bad weather anytime but September would worry me because of hurricanes, I know that’s silly but it’s one big reason we didn’t go with September!

But on a plus side for September you’d get to see the Halloween decorations, I went to Disneyland Paris in October one year and it was amazing with the Halloween decorations, plus you’ll have the mnsshp party too if you want to go to that!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

May for me too. Avoid the rainy season
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Only benefit of September is Food and Wine Festival, which is a consideration. Otherwise May for me.
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
I’d go for May personally, we went last year for our first visit and absolutely loved it. The weather was perfect and only rained a couple of times plus the crowds were really manageable. It sounds silly but I’m a massive worrier (I blame my anxiety) and I know you can get bad weather anytime but September would worry me because of hurricanes, I know that’s silly but it’s one big reason we didn’t go with September!

But on a plus side for September you’d get to see the Halloween decorations, I went to Disneyland Paris in October one year and it was amazing with the Halloween decorations, plus you’ll have the mnsshp party too if you want to go to that!
Not silly at all! Even if you don't get a direct hit hurricane, you can get horrible rain and wind if a hurricane is anywhere remotely near. September 10th is statistically the midpoint of the season, which roughly equates to the worst storms.
BC 2019
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by blainy View Post
Not silly at all! Even if you don't get a direct hit hurricane, you can get horrible rain and wind if a hurricane is anywhere remotely near. September 10th is statistically the midpoint of the season, which roughly equates to the worst storms.
That’s true! For me personally it would ruin the holiday I’d saved hard for if I had to spend a few days stuck in the hotel because of a hurricane or extreme weather. Especially when you’ve waited so long for the holiday and put so much into it!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

We had awful weather in Maythis year, I'll let you know soon what Septembers like ... Wouldn't bother with May again, far prefer peak summer months

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by klr15 View Post
That’s true! For me personally it would ruin the holiday I’d saved hard for if I had to spend a few days stuck in the hotel because of a hurricane or extreme weather. Especially when you’ve waited so long for the holiday and put so much into it!
Walking around MK on a Saturday evening with torrential rain and puddles up to your ankles! August 2015. Can't think why you 'd go in summer unless you had to!
BC 2019
Old 27 Aug 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
We had awful weather in Maythis year, I'll let you know soon what Septembers like ... Wouldn't bother with May again, far prefer peak summer months
It's not the same every year. Bad weather in may is unusual, bad weather July to september is normal.
BC 2019
Old 27 Aug 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for all your replies. I am gonna call Disney tomorrow and change to APR/MAY so a new shiny countdown tomorrow with a lot less days to wait yayy