Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

As others have said book yourself in to a DVC resort by renting points!

We had same dilemma as POFQ was only available from 2nd night onwards for remainder of the 2 weeks. We had booked FQ before ddp was out with VH and were moved to RS due to availability.

Anyhow, we have moved back to FQ from 2nd night and treated ourselves to 1st night BLT with theme park view! Not the cheapest but can see this being a family tradition if it starts our holiday off as we hope!
Old 16 Aug 18, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Great to hear that you've booked You need to add a countdown now - just click on mine (or anyone else's) and it will take you to the page to add your own.

What's the date of the first night that you're looking for?
Oh, I’ll look into that! 5th April is the night we need to book.
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore

Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
As others have said book yourself in to a DVC resort by renting points!

We had same dilemma as POFQ was only available from 2nd night onwards for remainder of the 2 weeks. We had booked FQ before ddp was out with VH and were moved to RS due to availability.

Anyhow, we have moved back to FQ from 2nd night and treated ourselves to 1st night BLT with theme park view! Not the cheapest but can see this being a family tradition if it starts our holiday off as we hope!
I did look at a dvc website, but it was looking like a pricey option for one night! Though I found the website generally quite confusing. We’ve definitely gone over budget on other areas of our trip, booked pricier flights to get better times etc. and we’ve got a few nights in universal’s royal Pacific after being at Disney, so definitely no room to treat ourselves to a pricey option for the first night. By the time we get to wherever we go we’ll just want to eat and sleep I think.
Old 16 Aug 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gbnomore View Post
Oh, I’ll look into that! 5th April is the night we need to book.
Keep looking as I'm sure you'll get a room for the night at POR. Once free dining ends, a lot more rooms get released, so you should hopefully get one then if you haven't beforehand.

Another option is to look at the Hyatt at MCO for night 1, then you can catch the Magical Express first thing the next morning to POR, check in, leave your bags with bell services and head out to the parks for the day

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore

Mobile

Ah, I see. So chances are POR is sold out everywhere because the dining plan rooms are booked up? Good to know - i’ll check when the dining plan deal is finished and look again there. Thanks for suggestion of a hotel airport too, that’s A good back up plan.
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Another option is to look at the Hyatt at MCO for night 1, then you can catch the Magical Express first thing the next morning to POR, check in, leave your bags with bell services and head out to the parks for the day
The Hyatt was over £200 for our first night and cheapest hotel near MCO with free shuttle was around £80 both just a room with two double beds and a sofa bed.

I didn't have the patience to keep checking POR availability and I felt paying for two rooms at a value resort wasn't good value for us without our tickets and dining plan so a taste of off site in a good sized accommodation was a good compromise.

After paying for the apartment, food & drink on our first evening and light breakfast in the apartment (car was paid for using avios points) we'll still have spent less than a night in Disney and hubby will be happy as he gets to drive and not rely on a bus to get us to Disney.
2021?
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We have a hotel at MCO booked for one night, as there are three of us we wanted a suite hotel for the extra space. staybridge Suites came out at $70 with airport shuttle and breakfast so we can shuttle back to the terminal and hop onto the DME next morning.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore

Mobile

I’m now almost tempted to book into one of Universal’s hotels for the 1st night, and then switch to POR later in the day the following day. We have booked Royal Pacific for after our stay at POR already, but it would give us a bit of extra time at Universal. I haven’t booked our universal tickets yet, but the 14 day ticket seems to be the cheapest way to book multi park tickets anyway, so we could just book them to start that day. It would give us an extra early morning access and we can switch to Disney later in the day - we’re all big Harry Potter fans!
Old 11 Sep 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore

Mobile

I thought I’d update this for anyone who comes to this thread with a similar problem. Checked the Disney website today on the spur of the moment and POR had a room available for the first night. Phoned WDW and they added on the extra night, free dining plan and brought our park tickets forward a day. I’m sure the one might cost more per night than the rest of our stay, but no more than other options we were considering, and at least we don’t have to change hotels on day 2. So a good result all round! Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions!
Old 11 Sep 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gbnomore View Post
I thought I’d update this for anyone who comes to this thread with a similar problem. Checked the Disney website today on the spur of the moment and POR had a room available for the first night. Phoned WDW and they added on the extra night, free dining plan and brought our park tickets forward a day. I’m sure the one might cost more per night than the rest of our stay, but no more than other options we were considering, and at least we don’t have to change hotels on day 2. So a good result all round! Thanks everyone for the advice and suggestions!
Just goes to show its worthwhile to keep checking
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List