Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 18, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Change to virgin Belfast flights

Have any 2019 dibbers flying from Belfast had their dates changed? I found out today when I went to pay some of holiday, that there are no longer flights from Belfast on Mondays- will be changed to Saturday or Sunday . Apparently i will receive an email giving me new dates or option to cancel! Am gutted as change may not suit everyone in party- I have always booked diy before- thought it was too good to be true booking with virgin holidays
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gmul
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by belfastbabe View Post
Have any 2019 dibbers flying from Belfast had their dates changed? I found out today when I went to pay some of holiday, that there are no longer flights from Belfast on Mondays- will be changed to Saturday or Sunday . Apparently i will receive an email giving me new dates or option to cancel! Am gutted as change may not suit everyone in party- I have always booked diy before- thought it was too good to be true booking with virgin holidays
Flights on the VA site have been showing as departing Sunday since they were released. Apologies if this screen shot is sized correctly.
gmul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gmul
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by gmul View Post
Apologies if this screen shot is sized correctly.
Now inserted.

gmul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
belfastbabe
Apprentice Imagineer

belfastbabe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Thank you so much for your reply. My problem is that I booked with virgin holidays ( usually do diy) back in April and told departures were Monday's
belfastbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by gmul View Post
Now inserted.

Originally Posted by belfastbabe View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. My problem is that I booked with virgin holidays ( usually do diy) back in April and told departures were Monday's
Same happened with me. A friend had checked after Easter with Virgin Holidays and they were selling Monday fly drives but a few weeks later it was showing no availability. I phoned VH and they confirmed that they will be flying on Sundays in 2019. We had already booked our Dibb villa and was thinking at we'd now have to add a night at a hotel but thankfully the villa was available for the Sunday night too.
Old 15 Aug 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DLP-in-Sept
Helping Minnie

Mobile

While the main departure day is Sunday, there are a few weeks where an additional flight will go on Saturday - we've booked for Saturday 6th July (hope that doesn't change!). We didn’t book until the end of June but strange that VH didn’t know in April about the day change. I hope you get something that suits your party.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
DLP-in-Sept is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Do you know how many weeks are likely to have Saturday flights? Thanks so much.
CBR 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2023
flutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DLP-in-Sept
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by flutterfly View Post
Do you know how many weeks are likely to have Saturday flights? Thanks so much.
I'm sorry, I don't know. This year they ran 2 flights a week from 22 June until 13 July so perhaps around the same for next year.

I booked with travel city direct for July but also asked about the last few weeks in August and was told that by then only the Sunday flight was running so we wouldn't arrive back until Monday 3 September - too late for back to school!
DLP-in-Sept is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
flutterfly
Very Serious Dibber

Many thanks. I am checking daily. Their prices are really good this year. Hope they stretch to our dates!
CBR 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2023
flutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
leapy
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Was all set to book with virgin at end of June for next July. Phoned to pay deposit and was told about flight change, so the flight would have been one day earlier and the price increased £1000 for 4 so I am now travelling with thomas cook.
leapy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List