Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Aug 17, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catalunya View Post
I'm reviving this thread you lovely people as I am having the same problem as Disneyboo - I manage to get onto the USA site and then when I click 'special offers' - to look at the dining plan offer, it just skips back onto the UK site. Very annoying! Any thoughts?
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I just tried VPN ing (after clearing cookies). I use a paid for VPN (IPVanish) and I was on a USA server. It did take me to US site, as it should, but when I clicked to buy on tickets, it took me back to UK site, even with the VPN in place. Very odd, as I'd cleared cookies so I can't see how the site knew I was in the UK. I am wondering if they've got a list of VPN servers or detection like Netflix use, but I may be missing something. I'll do some more checking, but probably be the weekend.
Try what I said above instead of using the link?

Go on disneyworld.com, at the top of the page it says United Kingdom & Ireland (English), click on this and change it to United States (English).

This works for me on my desktop, so hopefully it will for you.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
Try what I said above instead of using the link?

Go on disneyworld.com, at the top of the page it says United Kingdom & Ireland (English), click on this and change it to United States (English).

This works for me on my desktop, so hopefully it will for you.
Nah- when you click to actually buy the tickets it takes you to the UK site. I have location services turned off Safari, and have tried it with Chrome. Now need to try it with the VPN again and see if that works. It looks to me like Disney has maybe put in changes here as I used to be able to access it to buy.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Just had a try from work, used the link someone posted then "bought" 4-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day (Ages 10+) , Quantity: 2 Total Order Price $745.50 USD
Maybe because I have an active MDE log in ?
I cannot use a VPN on a NHS pc so ?
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stevo25 View Post
Just had a try from work, used the link someone posted then "bought" 4-Day Ticket with Admission to 1 Park Per Day (Ages 10+) , Quantity: 2 Total Order Price $745.50 USD
Maybe because I have an active MDE log in ?
I cannot use a VPN on a NHS pc so ?
I'll try the MDE Log on- I am DVC and now you mention that to access the DVC ticket prices I had to do that once.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Just tried again- can buy Disney tickets but OP was talking about the link to summer packages - room and ticket package offer, on front page, and it still kicks you back to UK site?
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Just tried again- can buy Disney tickets but OP was talking about the link to summer packages - room and ticket package offer, on front page, and it still kicks you back to UK site?
Very strange that even works for me, I am signed into MDE though?
here the price that came up
Package Price $3,493.07
Other Items Price $700.00
Tax $45.50
Delivery $0.00
Deposit Due Today $945.50
No Payment Applied

above from copy and paste
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
I thought booking via US site wasn't recommended for UK customers as the dining offers differ and also the park tickets are typically only up to 10 days rather than 14/21?

Also the tickets don't include multi-park hoppers (this is an additional fee) nor does it include the water parks?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List