Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loopyloufew View Post
I have just received an e-mail today saying we will be on the air tanker for next year, But it did say that they have seat back entertainment. Is there different air tankers?
yep 2

AT1 tail number ends in M - just looks like a TC plane inside and out but doesn't have premium and looks like this:

and AT2 tail number ends in K - has AT own seats, less logo on the outside and no seat back tvs or power - it does let you stream the movies to your device tho and looks like this.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loopyloufew
Excited about Disney

ah thank you, it did also say there was no premium so it must be AT1, I think I will make sure we have a device each just in case!

Lucy
2017 pre-trip report

2017 trip report
loopyloufew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Moogles Smith
slightly serious Dibber

We are on the non seat back ife air tanker a week tomorrow from Manchester, have only heard positive reviews lately which is good.

DVC Owner - Polynesian
Moogles Smith is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Nobles@WDW
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the review, we fly out to Miami on 3rd Sept on AT2, good to hear it's not that bad. We have seats 9 H&K booked so same as you but other side of plane. Feeling happier now 😃
Travelodge Maingate East 1990, La Quinta Inn Lakeside 2004, Caribbean Beach Resort 2008, Old Key West Resort and Hard Rock Hotel 2011, Old Key West Resort and Hard Rock Hotel 2013 25th Wedding Anniversary Celebration Saratoga Springs Resort, Beach Club Villas and Anna Maria Island 2015 Saratoga Springs Resort September 2018
Nobles@WDW is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Syjen
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for that great positive review. We fly on Friday morning
Syjen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Great to hear the good feed back. 35 days and counting!
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shefox
Apprentice Imagineer

It's nice to read a positive review of the non seat back IFE AT. We are on it on Sept 7th.

Thanks
shefox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

We flew out two weeks ago on the tanker and we streamed our own entertainment, it should have been the same plane back this morning but it had changed to a two years old tc plane with seat back tv's, yaaay, it had premium seats too at the front. Pleasant surprise lol
Old 17 Aug 17, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Manny Haines
Dibbing with Tink

I've read elsewhere that German airline Air Berlin has went belly up.
They have 17 A330 200's in their fleet.

If Thomas Cook took this opportunity to snap 3 or 4 of them then they could have a fleet of aircraft all kitted out the same.
Obviously with a mixture of some being all Economy and some with Premium Economy to service those routes where there's demand but ALL with standard seatback IFE.

That way us customers could book safe in the knowledge that the product we are booking is the one we receive. Just like any other long haul airline, one standard product on sale...imagine!

On paper its a great opportunity and given the expansion into long haul over the past 3 years to new destinations such as Boston, Miami, Seattle, New York, South Africa, then they could do worse like bring in the likes of HI Fly and Air Tankers not fully kitted out in terms of IFE/
I read a post by DIBB member PPM on another Thomas Cook Airtanker thread some weeks ago and he said the current leases for AT1 & 2 haven't been renewed for 2018, could they be ready to buy some of these?
Manny Haines is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Manny Haines View Post
I've read elsewhere that German airline Air Berlin has went belly up.
They have 17 A330 200's in their fleet.

If Thomas Cook took this opportunity to snap 3 or 4 of them then they could have a fleet of aircraft all kitted out the same.
Obviously with a mixture of some being all Economy and some with Premium Economy to service those routes where there's demand but ALL with standard seatback IFE.

That way us customers could book safe in the knowledge that the product we are booking is the one we receive. Just like any other long haul airline, one standard product on sale...imagine!

On paper its a great opportunity and given the expansion into long haul over the past 3 years to new destinations such as Boston, Miami, Seattle, New York, South Africa, then they could do worse like bring in the likes of HI Fly and Air Tankers not fully kitted out in terms of IFE/
I read a post by DIBB member PPM on another Thomas Cook Airtanker thread some weeks ago and he said the current leases for AT1 & 2 haven't been renewed for 2018, could they be ready to buy some of these?
Most, if not all of Air Berlins A330s will be leased, so will return to the leasing companies.
TC, I doubt, would not buy any more long range aircraft, sticking with their core fleet and adding as required from TC Scandanavia, Condor ( their scheduled arm) or from the ACMI leasing market ( such ad Airtanker Leasing, Hifly etc) . The Air Berlin airframes may turn up on this market, but it may be a while until all the bankruptcy issues are resolved.

(ACMI = Aircraft. Crew. Maintenance. Insurance )

This is of course my thoughts on the situation. Based on nothing but my past employment experience so may be totally wrong
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List