Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jun 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

for parents with teenage boys...

What is their favourite disney related activity?

What is their favourite disney park?

We are taking my DD13 to WDW for the first time this summer and I'm trying to second guess what he will enjoy doing most.

He has only been to DLP once but was very young and doesn't remember any of it

Ta
Old 1 Jun 18, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
bettycat
slightly serious Dibber

My DS13 is looking forward to test track, TOT, Chef Mickeys and probably most of all the water parks! I know not Disney related but he cannot wait to go to the indoor sky diving in Orlando and discovery cove 👍
bettycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Star Wars is the obvious one. My son enjoyed the Star Wars show and the stormtroopers. I would say Hollywood Studios was his favourite park even though there wasn’t a great deal there. That might have been part of the appeal because it wasn’t a full day when we went. He liked the Indiana Jones stunt show, TOT. Toy Story was his big favourite as a child he would still love Toy Story Land now !
He isn’t really in to the thrill rides and seems to like the shows best.

He also quite enjoyed his visit to Hooters !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

At that age my son liked the water parks, mini golf , sea racers and the hotel arcade !
and eating steak at every opportunity

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
CuriousAlice
slightly serious Dibber

My DS is now 16. From his 1st trip aged 5, he has always preferred Universal even though he is not a fan of fast rides and roller coasters. Last time I took him to a Disney Park he was 13.

His favourite park used to be Animal Kingdom where any animal related activity went down well. He therefore enjoyed the Kilamanjaro Safari and the Affection Section. He liked the Dinosaur section but even aged 13 wouldn't ride Everest. He also quite liked the wet ride and the Lion King show but he thought parades were boring and on his last visit he moaned like crazy if we stood to watch (probably because his sister loves them).

He also liked Hollywood Studios as he is a Star Wars fan but there wasn't much else there to keep him happy. He has never enjoyed Magic Kingdom or Epcot really, not even the fireworks. I can't talk him into going to Disney now which makes me so sad. My DD is 18 and pleading to go this trip as I have only bought Universal and Seaworld tickets so far. May leave him at the hotel

Hoping your 13 year old enjoys it. I do expect mine is in the minority!
CuriousAlice is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Thank you to everyone so far ...I will look and reply in more detail later
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Favourite ride was Flight of passage at Animal Kingdom..and Test Track at Epcot ( as it includes designing the vehicle) ..
He used to really enjoy designing your own rollercoaster ride at Disney Springs ( was then DTD) and then riding it in a simulator whilst being filmed on a take home copy, but I don't know if that exists any more.
Enjoys hiring a searaycer boat from Grand Floridian or Polynesian and riding across and around the bay.
And trying out different hot dogs!
Difficult to say best park - they all have different attributes.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
merlinsmum
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hollywood studios for DS on our last visit at 16 - storm troopers, star tours, launch bay , fireworks. He is a star wars fan which helps. He also enjoyed tower of terror and toy story Mania! I think he would say Epcot as his second favorite as he enjoyed test track, mission space and ESPN for lunch Surprisingly, he enjoyed the air boat ride and nature type activities even more than the parks though. I'm sure your son will have a ball
merlinsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Hollywood Studios = favourite park, with the MK ‘mountains’ and Epcot test track being favourite rides too
Kennedy Space Centre as a day trip
Water parks
Eating - Trying different restaurants and snacks and drinks.
Shopping but only in specific shops, not trailing around after mum and sister LOL

Hooters is on our list this time! And a shooting range maybe. And sports - Orlando FC, and baseball.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Star Wars is the obvious one. My son enjoyed the Star Wars show and the stormtroopers. I would say Hollywood Studios was his favourite park even though there wasn’t a great deal there. That might have been part of the appeal because it wasn’t a full day when we went. He liked the Indiana Jones stunt show, TOT. Toy Story was his big favourite as a child he would still love Toy Story Land now !
He isn’t really in to the thrill rides and seems to like the shows best.

He also quite enjoyed his visit to Hooters !
I've never been to holders (No really) but may have to go there for research purposes