Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Mar 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

$200 on magic band? Virgin Hols

Hi

Got my travel docs from VH.

Went on chat and asked if we still have to collect gift card at airport and they said that no it would be loaded on magic bands. I said it was previously collected at the airport and they said it had changed.

Has anyone that been recently through VH confirm please

Thanks
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Watching with interest as my travel agent also told me it would be on Magic Band. Was then told on here it still needed to be collected. To be honest I have very little faith in the VH travel agent for various reasons. Does it not say on the voucher you have received how to collect it?
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
catki11
Apprentice Imagineer

I don’t know if it’s right or not, but it would be strange if Virgin load the amount to your magic band but if you book direct with Disney would still have to collect the gift card. Also, I’m assuming if the $200 is loaded to your magic band then it would have to be used during your holiday where as an actual gift card doesn’t.
Old 6 Mar 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Not sure how Virgin could do it? Wouldn't be the first time a TA was wrong, i would definitely question it.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
Watching with interest as my travel agent also told me it would be on Magic Band. Was then told on here it still needed to be collected. To be honest I have very little faith in the VH travel agent for various reasons. Does it not say on the voucher you have received how to collect it?
No it’s a voucher, but no mention at all about where to collect or anything. I think I asked them on chat a few months back and they said the same thing.

I’m not quite believing it.

Will print out the transcript of the chat!
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Not sure how Virgin could do it? Wouldn't be the first time a TA was wrong, i would definitely question it.
I agree and am more inclined to believe what I have been told on here.

I can download my tickets and vouchers on 27 March so hopefully it will say on them how it's collected.

To be honest I think I will visit Virgin rep at MCO before we leave for the villa just to be on the safe side.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I agree and am more inclined to believe what I have been told on here.

I can download my tickets and vouchers on 27 March so hopefully it will say on them how it's collected.

To be honest I think I will visit Virgin rep at MCO before we leave for the villa just to be on the safe side.
I was hoping to it would say on the voucher, but definitely not there. Will do the same I think
Old 6 Mar 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Niki Mouse View Post
I was hoping to it would say on the voucher, but definitely not there. Will do the same I think
Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky but could you do an update on your return, please?

Hopefully we will find out for definite before you set off though.
Old 6 Mar 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

At some point it may move to magic band I reckon. Reduces virgin admin and they do have a strong relationship with Disney so I'm sure they could agree for it to be done that way... watch this space I guess!
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Hope you don't think I'm being cheeky but could you do an update on your return, please?

Hopefully we will find out for definite before you set off though.
Of course, no problem. Transcript below

Edited at 09:31 PM.