Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 18, 04:41 AM  
Link to this Post
katjalaw
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Florida with a baby tips?

We’ve been going to Florida for a number of years (Bradenton/AMI/Tampa) but this year will be our first with our son. We’re thinking of booking for Lare Sept/Oct when he’ll be 7/8 months. Any travel tips or dos and don’ts for us? Anywhere we should go/see with a baby? We won’t be going to Orlando this time so no parks.
katjalaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I'd have a look at Abiknox's current trippie, I think she's on about day 4 and it's their first trip with Edith. Also Happy Haunt has a trippie, not his current one but the previous one was their first time with. Marceline, that might give you a few tips.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Reserve a sky cot on the plane both ways, if you can. If still having milk, and not breastfeeding (which may be easier in this situation!) I’d recommend ordering ready made formula airside in uk. Get them used to this a few weeks before you go at room temp..you don’t want to be waiting for the airhostesss to heat a bottle with a screaming baby! Put enough ready made formula in your luggage for on the way home. Take your sterilised bottles and then just pour the milk in. Same on the way back. They will be swabbed at American security, but all was well. We took our microwave steriliser but it didn’t fit, but luckily we had the Mam self sterilising bottles and did them one at a time. We also took Milton tablets just in case and packed actual formula powder X 3 I think for when we were out there. In the parks or out and about, we made the bottles with the water in the day and kept them in a cooler and then added the formala we had separated out as we needed it. Same as when you go out in uk I suppose! We popped a couple of pre-sterilised bottles in the car (you can buy these from boots) for journey from airport - home in case we had run out by that point and as a back up, but we didn’t need them x think we took about 6 bottles on the flight. We found out and about quite easy, as at that age, they are happy to be in a pushchair. Hope this helps a little! Our baby was 4 months old by the way when we went.

Edited at 07:39 AM.
legallyblonde is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

I agree about getting used to room temperature formula (if formula feeding). It made it so much more convenient. If breast feeding, they have a law that you can breastfeed publicly (no reason not to but it's nice to know what the law states). Also, if you are more comfortable doing it in private, formula or breast, the Disney BabyCare Centres are a wonderful break from the heat and crowds. They have quiet rooms with comfy chairs. Just lovely.

We used to wet a flannel towel and put it on our baby's head and our older baby too. It kept them both nice and cool.

Strollers make it easier as you have somewhere to keep all of your stuff but be aware that you cannot take the stroller into most restaurants (especially on site at Disney).

Sky cots are wonderful. It is the only time our DD slept right through. She is 10 now and that still holds true Our DD woke up only when we got in the hire car and screamed all the way to the hotel.

Take a billion pictures. These will be wonderful memories to treasure. I still look back at our pictures of the first trip with the babies. Ours were 3 months and 15 months at the time. Our 15 month had only started walking 1 week before we went.

Honestly, it was our easiest trip with the kids. I would recommend it to anyone.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
katjalaw
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you! Will have a look at those trippies. Won’t be doing disney this year sadly but maybe next year!
katjalaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

I’m interested in flowing this as plan on going with a 4 month old in August. Not sure if we know what we are letting ourselves in for.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
katjalaw
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

😂 I’m going on the basis he’s fairly portable at that age! I’m feeding him myself so hoping that makes life a bit easier. Plus I’m desperate for some sunshine!
Old 30 Mar 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gwilspeed View Post
I’m interested in flowing this as plan on going with a 4 month old in August. Not sure if we know what we are letting ourselves in for.

I found it a doddle with our 4 month old ...I stressed over nothing honestly! I found it a lot harder with a two and a half year old, so make the most of it whilst they are happy to be sat/laid down!
legallyblonde is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 18, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
katjalaw
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Now just hoping for a BA sale!
Old 30 Mar 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A sling for the ques at immigration makes life so much easier
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List