Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Jun 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
The wording is poor, but based purely on the above link, ( I haven't been to disneyworld since FP+) I would side with 3family

They really should improve the wording to make it clearer
It states "you will be able to select up to 3 FastPass+ experiences at a single theme park" ... then "after you use your initial FastPass+ selections at the first park, you’ll be able to make additional FastPass+ selections (one at a time)"

So whether you initially choose 1, 2 or 3 FP's, once those have been used or expired, you can then book individual ones for the same or another park (if your ticket allows).

Given some won't have park hopper tickets the above doesn't apply.

So not sure what the confusion is? unless people were not considering only booking 1 FP when they were entitled to book 3?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

People seem to be doubting 3family.

I know initially you could only book 3,( ie not 1 or 2) then it would appear to me people just haven't realised that ( seemingly) you can go for extras once your initial ( 1 ,2 or3) selections have been used , and have been assuming that the first extra one has to be pass number 4
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
3family
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

To be fair, I’m not going to take it personal

I did it, and I see others have done it and some more who haven’t been allowed. I think we all know that Disney’s systems can be glitchy so it may/may not always happen the same way
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
People seem to be doubting 3family.

I know initially you could only book 3,( ie not 1 or 2) then it would appear to me people just haven't realised that ( seemingly) you can go for extras once your initial ( 1 ,2 or3) selections have been used , and have been assuming that the first extra one has to be pass number 4
I don't think people are doubting 3family, it's more that they are used to the "standard" of booking 3 before then considering more.

A lot of people don't know you can book a 4th, 5th, 6th etc (on a per ride basis) and even less know you can switch parks and still use FP's on the same day.

I'm personally not sure if this a tweak to the system or has always been the process of 1, 2 or 3 original FPs (we've always booked 3 before looking for more), but we have switched parks after the first 3 and managed to get evening FPs elsewhere, so definitely works.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Ok I'll try to explain my "confusion" using Epcot as tbh that's the park with the worst tier 2's. I book Soarin' & nothing else, use it, can I then book TT? Because I, mistakenly it seems, believed that I can't get another tier1 until I've used 3? Every time I end up picking the Character Spot just to fill a slot ! That's why I contacted Disney because if I don't "have" to choose 3, then I don't have to "waste" my time on an attraction that I'm not that bothered about.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Ok I'll try to explain my "confusion" using Epcot as tbh that's the park with the worst tier 2's. I book Soarin' & nothing else, use it, can I then book TT? Because I, mistakenly it seems, believed that I can't get another tier1 until I've used 3? Every time I end up picking the Character Spot just to fill a slot ! That's why I contacted Disney because if I don't "have" to choose 3, then I don't have to "waste" my time on an attraction that I'm not that bothered about.
SD
Yes you can do that. It's explained here for when TSMM and RnR were both Tier 1, they cancelled FP 2 and 3 and got another Tier 1 after that (so same principle as you're thinking really) but would of course be subject to availability and would be surprising for TT (depending on the time of year).

mousehacking/blog/di...tpass-strategy

Edited at 08:12 AM.
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
toonarmani Every day is a school day! All those years of Character spot or Capt Eo!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List