Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile First Choice All Inclusive Disney

Don't know if this has been already posted but I haven't spotted it. First Choice are advertising all inclusive Disney holidays to include: flights to Sanford on Dreamliner, transfers, Disney accommodation, park tickets, memory maker and deluxe dining plan. Sounds to me as if deluxe dining is on all bookings whether it's a value, moderate or deluxe resort.

I just priced 2 weeks in July next year for 2 adults at POFQ and it was over £7000, so definitely not cheap.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes a couple of people posted about it a few weeks back. Unfortunately unsuspecting people will book it without realising they don’t really need DxDDP and that they’re paying for something extra when they could get DDP free.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Yes a couple of people posted about it a few weeks back. Unfortunately unsuspecting people will book it without realising they don’t really need DxDDP and that they’re paying for something extra when they could get DDP free.
Typically, I see the news late 😁. I was surprised that there was no alternatives offered, it is D×DDP and no option for a cheaper, more acceptable meal plan. I am sure if someone did want D×DDP, although it seems far too much food for me, it would be cheaper to buy direct from Disney and just add it on.

The price I had from the website was over £3000 more than I have paid for similar in October this year, although we have upgraded to DDP not D×DDP. Such a rip off.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Typically, I see the news late 😁. I was surprised that there was no alternatives offered, it is D×DDP and no option for a cheaper, more acceptable meal plan. I am sure if someone did want D×DDP, although it seems far too much food for me, it would be cheaper to buy direct from Disney and just add it on.

The price I had from the website was over £3000 more than I have paid for similar in October this year, although we have upgraded to DDP not D×DDP. Such a rip off.
When I noticed it I priced it up for our dates and actually it wasn’t a bad price if you had planned to upgrade anyway. The website does clearly state it’s deluxe DDP but as you say no option to downgrade. If you’re not “in the know” you could consider it a rip off.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

When I noticed it I priced it up for our dates and actually it wasn’t a bad price if you had planned to upgrade anyway. The website does clearly state it’s deluxe DDP but as you say no option to downgrade. If you’re not “in the know” you could consider it a rip off.
I agree, it is clear that it is deluxe dining. I know that the first time we went in 2016 we didn't know about free dining or any different type of dining plan. I think a lot of people will book this without looking into all options.

I will say I have been playing around with a few options (I know, I am very sad 😀 ) and if someone wants deluxe dining, it comes in at a good price for summer months next year. I guess it's a case of pricing up a few ways and seeing which works out best.
Old 19 Jun 18, 04:56 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

And it isn't actually what most people would consider all inclusive anyway. I find it very strange marketing to be trying to fit a Disney holiday into a traditional all inclusive mold just so they can sell it under the First Choice label.

I certainly wouldn't want DXDDP if I was staying in a cheaper resort without a choice of TS restaurants and didn't have a car.

Does the brochure at least mention the need to consider making ADRs long before your stay?

Edited at 04:58 AM.
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
And it isn't actually what most people would consider all inclusive anyway. I find it very strange marketing to be trying to fit a Disney holiday into a traditional all inclusive mold just so they can sell it under the First Choice label.

I certainly wouldn't want DXDDP if I was staying in a cheaper resort without a choice of TS restaurants and didn't have a car.

Does the brochure at least mention the need to consider making ADRs long before your stay?
It wasn’t the brochure I looked at it was the website and there was very little information. Other than being explicit that it was DxDDP there wasn’t a lot of specifics if I remember right. It definitely didn’t tell you anything about free dining in the booking page. Presumably because First Choice only do all inclusive they won’t offer any other option.

Trip Report Index
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

As Sha9 says, the website made it clear that it was deluxe plan but did not state exactly what that means. No mention of table service, quick service, eating in parks or resorts, adrs. Many will take it as an usual style of All Inclusive with 3 meals at hotels and drinks. Although it did mention snacks included I believe. But you can get all the way to the pay now page with no further explanation. It's not very clear what you get included or how to use the plan. I feel they could at least include a link to a page explaining the plan.
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I priced it up yesterday for the same 2 weeks in POR FQ. It works out according to Disney prices that the flights for the 2 of us was just shy of £500 so £240ish each. I thought it was a bargain! Was around 4900 for 2 adults return flights transfers 2week tickets and DXDDP.
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

FC only sells all inc but other dining options are available on their tui site. I agree its not your usual all inc but surely the onus is on the customer to check that it suits their needs. I enjoy the planning as much as the holiday lol.