Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Morgan
Proud to wear my Ears

First time with 2yr old...

Hi everyone

I’ll be taking my only little boy this October who is turning 2 next week, so wonder if you can help me on a few things to prepare...

- we’re staying at POR, I’ve read Disney will provide a pack and play if requested but do they hire proper cots (cribs?) He hasn’t yet been introduced to a toddler bed or pillows as he’s very happy in his cot so far.

- I don’t love travel cots as they only come With those thin hard ‘mattresses’ which are alright for one night, but not 2 weeks 😬.

- which Milk is equivalent to our whole Milk?

- has anyone taken one of those strollers that fold up to hand luggage (flying virgin)?

Any thoughts or advice on these would be appreciated

Days Inn, International Drive, Sept '04. Villa, May '06. Cypress Point, Oct '07. Marriott village, LBV, Oct '09. Windsor Hills, July '13. Swan & Dolphin, Apr '15 Port Orleans Riverside Oct ‘18.
Morgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hi,

We stayed in POR with my nearly two year old in May (he's now 2). I'm pretty sure the pack n plays have been refurbished and now have nicer mattresses, we had new ones in POR and Kidani where we stayed at the second week and they were fine. In the past though when they were thinner I've just added two beach towels to them and secured with a fitted sheet.
However yes if you ask they can provide a crib but they are limited. Otherwise you can hire a full cot with mattress and bedding from places like Kingdom strollers which might be your best bet?
Alternatively if you stay in AB you could see how he is on Murphy bed with a bed guard? That said mine is still in a cot too so the travel cot is our choice!

Whole Milk is readily available and has a red top or it did in POR anyway! They also give you cups of whole milk at the POR bakery. We used to heat it in the microwave.

Not sure on the stroller as we take a baby jogger. I'd make sure whatever you take has a decent recline a good hood and handy storage though as all will be super handy when there, mine flaked every day in his pram!

ETA. If you wanted to get a mattress only for the pack n play you could always order from Amazon and get it delivered. That was my plan, I wanted to see what it was like as I'd heard they'd got new ones, so I thought if it was rubbish I'd order a next day deliver mattress from Amazon prime when there. But like I say it was fine.

Hope that helps

Edited at 11:18 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We had a travel cot in our villa in April for our 19month old and we padded underneath with blankets and she slept like a log! Seemed very comfy and not bothered she didn't have her pocket sprung mattress! Hahaha!
Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

I can help on the stroller we took one back in 2016 for our two year old and it was a god send not just on the plane and airport as it folded as you say into hand luggage so could keep it with us but also on the Disney transport and if you have table meals booked fold it down and you can take it into the restaurant and not leave it outside like you normally have to do. The Americans was in awe of it never seen anything like it atleast back in 2016 anyway couldn't believe a full size stroller could fold so compact.
Old 15 Jul 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Morgan
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you. - some god things to think about. Think I might stick with the travel cot that Disney provide then and as you say, i’ll Get something from Amazon or Walmart if it needs it.

I would have totally bought the stroller already but I wanted to use my nectar points (I have just bought a fiat 500 so could do with another stroller that folds up small anyway) but just couldn’t decide whether to go for the hand luggage size one as the one at Argos doesn’t recline - think I will end up forming out for the one that does though if it’s worth it.

Thanks for the replies - a few things to check of my list 😉

Days Inn, International Drive, Sept '04. Villa, May '06. Cypress Point, Oct '07. Marriott village, LBV, Oct '09. Windsor Hills, July '13. Swan & Dolphin, Apr '15 Port Orleans Riverside Oct ‘18.
Morgan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

We too are travelling with a two year old who is still in a cot!

I was planning to get her into a bed, but having thought about it as we are in a villa, I'd be worried sick about her getting (or falling!) out and not having a stair gate on her door. We are therefore going to use a travel cot. We stayed in a Premier Inn in May and she loved the travel cot so fingers crossed she will be ok!

As for a pushchair, last year when she was one, we bought a Babyzen Yoyo and it was fantastic as we took it on board. All the parents were very jealous when we opened it up, put her in and pushed her the long way to immigration ha ha! I sold it when I got home as I wasn't sure whether I would get much use out of it (for only £20 less than I paid for it!). But just two weeks ago, I thought about how I wished I'd kept it so have bought another. They are expensive, but they hold their value and my daughter tends to run in open spaces so won't have that option and will be strapped in!

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I didn't think they will allow you a pushchair as hand luggage, but the above poster certainly seems to have done so.
We never had an issue with our 2 in travel cots.
Milk is 4% for full fat and 2% for semi skimmed.
Old 15 Jul 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

this is the one we had but in black
mothercare/buggies-a...r-/LD3125.html
Old 15 Jul 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn321
Very Serious Dibber

you can buy proper mattresses for travel cots.
martyn321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
princess1706
Excited about Disney

Hello!

We are taking our 2.5 year old in October staying French quarter and I was worried about the bed situation. However we’ve just been to Cyprus And the travel cot they provided he was too small for him so had no option but to try him ina single bed with a bed guard. He was fine we just placed loads of pillows around the edges and on the floor- thankfully the bed was quite low to the floor anyway. So this time I think I’m going to move the bed up against the wall and barricade him in. If all else fails I’ll have to request a travel cot lol.
princess1706 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List