Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jul 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile Glasgow Airport Lounge

Morning 😁

I was just having a wee Google of the Lounge at Glasgow airport. Has anyone used this? is it good? What kind of food do they provide?

For me, dh and dd we would be £60 to use the Lounge. I think this would work out much cheaper for us as opposed to using spoons/wh smith etc.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I don’t rate any Glasgow airport eateries but I haven’t tried the lounge. We are staying at holiday inn express and we hire a taxi to the Koh-I - Noor Indian restaurant only five minutes away, and the three of us including drinks usually comes to just under £25.00.. That’s if you like Indian food of course..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks Coda, £25 for 3 is a good price. We are on a morning flight so it would be for breakfast.
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Its expensive tbough can be a quiet haven if you are not interested in shops. They serve bacon rolls, omelette rolls, porridge, cereal, muffins etc, nothing with a knife and fork. That's breakfast time. I don't know about the rest of the day. Alcohol is served by bar staff rather than self pour. The highlight is the tablet and macaroon bar, freely available in jars. Take a wee bag to fill it for the journey. We have a card for access, but I wouldn't spend £60 as that could get you much more in Frankie and Bennie's or weatherspoons which obviously have a much better choice too. The airport has an app and you can sometimes get a 15% coupon for some if the eateries. The normal Frankie and Bennie's app doesn't give any discounts at the airport.
Old 18 Jul 18, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great time for a flight to Florida.. Hopefully someone can advise you about the lounge..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

We used the lounge last year. We get it through our bank.

I don’t rate it at all. The breakfast offering were poor - cereal & coissants. A very poor continental breakfast. I asked about hot options and was told there were none.

My advice would be to save your money. It’s not worth it

xx

WDW July 2017
Lapland Dec 2024
Disneyland Hotel 2025
Orlando Nov-Dec 2026
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Their lounge has gone downhill since more people have started to use it, very limited food options and if you're drinking alcohol they can selectively restrict the number of drinks you can have depending on how busy it is (to stop young folk getting smashed on their way to ibiza for example).

You can give more for your money elsewhere in the airport IMO
Old 18 Jul 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone I am in a pickle now to book or not. I will have a look at other food places in the airport. We are not people for airport shopping so I was thinking it would be a good place to relax and keep dd amused before our flight. I will download the airport app and see if I get any coupons.
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Thanks everyone I am in a pickle now to book or not. I will have a look at other food places in the airport. We are not people for airport shopping so I was thinking it would be a good place to relax and keep dd amused before our flight. I will download the airport app and see if I get any coupons.
All of the food options for breakfast are pretty much the same at Glasgow airport, prices are similar if not the same for them all too.

We usually take the Frankie & Bennys option, however, last time they forgot our drinks until we had nearly finished and the gate was called.
Old 18 Jul 18, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
rscxox
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

We just booked the lounge yesterday for a few hours before our flight in September. The 2 of us came to £40ish but we would probably spend that on food and drinks in the airport anyway. The appeal to us was more having somewhere to relax before the flight and enjoy free WiFi for 3 hours. We booked the lounge at Gatwick in January and this gave us free premium security but unaware of this applies to the Glasgow airport lounge too (if anyone can shed light on this!)
POR, Cabana Bay & OKW - Aug/Sep 2017, Cabana Bay - January 2018, All-Star Sports - September 2018, POFQ & HRH Nov/Dec 2018, Yacht Club, Sapphire Falls, Miami and New York September 2019, Pop & AOA December 2021, POR & HRH September 2022, Pop Century May 2023, Disneyland California October 2023, COMING UP: Caribbean Beach May 2024
rscxox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List