Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jul 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace87
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Thomas Cook or Virgin

Hi does anyone know if Thomas Cook has a flying club? Im tied between Virgin and TC but i can get Premium with TC for less than virgin. Help what do i do...
Grace87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aladdin
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thomas cook don’t have a flying club,premium is cheaper yes but you’re only buying what virgin offer as standard anyway (in flight entertainment, drinks) though the baggage is more with Thomas cook, there’s really not much differenc in virgin economy to Thomas cook premium.

So my advice would be to spend the little extra and go for virgin premium if you can afford it!

I use Thomas cook premium if only for price
Old 23 Jul 18, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey99
Helping Mickey

mickey99's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
personally id go for the cheaper option virgin not worth the extra
mickey99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 18, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace87
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

It looks as though you get more baggage allowance, more seat room and priority check in for hundreds of pounds less.
Grace87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
crux
Apprentice Imagineer

Having used both I'd say that TC was better - the food on the outbound flight was the best meal i'd eaten on a plane. However our experience was a few years ago when the new PE had just been introduced.

When I've looked in the last couple of years I've noticed a couple of things with TC. There are a number of flights/planes that do not have PE, so flight choice is limited and it's possible your plane could be changed to one without PE after booking. You'd get a refund on the difference, but no PE. Also the luggage allowance at 30kg doesn't work for us. We prefer the two 23kg cases that Virgin give you. We actually take 3 cases between us and try to keep them in the 15kg to 18kg range to make it easy for ourselves.

If TC was £100+ less than Virgin and you could guarantee the PE experience, then I'd pick TC. Otherwise I'd pick Virgin - the Flying club is the reason I'd pay slightly more for Virgin.
Beach Club Villas 2003 2006 2009 2012 2014 2015 2018
Boardwalk Villas 2016
crux is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by crux View Post
Having used both I'd say that TC was better - the food on the outbound flight was the best meal i'd eaten on a plane. However our experience was a few years ago when the new PE had just been introduced.

When I've looked in the last couple of years I've noticed a couple of things with TC. There are a number of flights/planes that do not have PE, so flight choice is limited and it's possible your plane could be changed to one without PE after booking. You'd get a refund on the difference, but no PE. Also the luggage allowance at 30kg doesn't work for us. We prefer the two 23kg cases that Virgin give you. We actually take 3 cases between us and try to keep them in the 15kg to 18kg range to make it easy for ourselves.

If TC was £100+ less than Virgin and you could guarantee the PE experience, then I'd pick TC. Otherwise I'd pick Virgin - the Flying club is the reason I'd pay slightly more for Virgin.
We flew TC PE twice in 2015 from MAN. In May when it had just been launched and again in Nov. Also used them this last April. Touch wood - all three flights have been on time and possibly even early

I've said on here maybe a dozen times that the outbound PE food was the best we've experienced in 30 odd visits. Inbound the usual dire USA stuff.

Baggage not as good as VS PE but we just add a case each for the return journey for all the B&BW stuff. Yes the IFE is not as good as VS PE so we read our Kindles. We saved around £1,000 - I'm not paying that extra for a 9 hour bus ride with a few more films to choose from.

Only thing we miss I suppose is DS check in but we've only ever been behind two families at most when checking in at MCO.

Mick

Edited at 12:48 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Flown PE and Economy with both, both fine and would base future decisions purely on price. You get better films and drinks in Virgin Economy so that would be the only differentiator if prices were equal but they never have been in my experience.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

We have flown with both TC and Virgin and we really liked Virgin a lot better. I do think it is personal preference though.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We flew TC PE twice in 2015 from MAN. In May when it had just been launched and again in Nov. Also used them this last April. Touch wood - all three flights have been on time and possibly even early

I've said on here maybe a dozen times that the outbound PE food was the best we've experienced in 30 odd visits. Inbound the usual dire USA stuff.

Baggage not as good as VS PE but we just add a case each for the return journey for all the B&BW stuff. Yes the IFE is not as good as VS PE so we read our Kindles. We saved around £1,000 - I'm not paying that extra for a 9 hour bus ride with a few more films to choose from.

Only thing we miss I suppose is DS check in but we've only ever been behind two families at most when checking in at MCO.

Mick
What is B&BW stuff?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
What is B&BW stuff?
Sorry - serious shopper's acronym.

Bath & Body Works.

Six visits soon makes 23kg.

Mick